Decent IGEN replacement

Hello - I just want to clarify some of the information present in the above post

The registration specification on the C7000VP/C6000VP/C6000 is 0.50mm, not 0.25.

Also, the above engines are not FOGRA certified. The imagePRESS C1 is the only engine in the family that was FOGRA certified in Europe to my knowledge.

Thanks.

the canon slightly has offset-like quality and rated speed on all stocks weight n types. (VP models only)

Xerox can do this too, with the Xerox DocuColor 5000AP, 7000AP, 8000AP

also, the registration is 0.25mm even better than offset machines and no way Xerox will be as much closer to this figure

I thought the Canon had a registration of 0.5mm front to back, same as Xerox 7000AP/8000AP. Is there documentation that says 0.25mm front to back? or are you refering to 0.25mm per side, same as Xerox?

one main important thing u have to consider is COLOR SHIFTING and color consistency. xerox has failed big time in that where as the canon has proven that no one can beats their machine in that area.

I think this is a relative statement. Both machines have a very acceptable deltaE for color shifting. Image Quality is subjective.

moreover, the Canon has full in-line finishing and can print you a fully finished books with 3-sided trimming.

Xerox can too, 3 sided trimming signature booklets, binding, perfect bound, puncher, stackers, etc. you can attach different CP Bourg or Duplo finishing solutions.

one last thing you may consider is : u might find the canon hardware cost is slightly more expensive than the xerox just dont pay attention to that and consider the TCO ( total cost of ownership on both) saving on the canon will be much much higher than the xerox.

Equipment pricing in just one thing, it's always good to look at the big picture and find out the TCO.

for your volume i'd recommend you the imagePRESSc 6000vp against Xerox DC7000

why not the Canon 7000VP vs Xerox DC7000AP? both are 70ppm

you can buy the imagePRESS C1+ as a bundle with the canon machine

bundle = included in the price

Hello - I just want to clarify some of the information present in the above post

The registration specification on the C7000VP/C6000VP/C6000 is 0.50mm, not 0.25.

Also, the above engines are not FOGRA certified. The imagePRESS C1 is the only engine in the family that was FOGRA certified in Europe to my knowledge.

Thanks.

you can check the certifications from website of FOGRA, imagePRESS C1+ on semi matt and gloss media, imagePRESS c6000vp on semi-matt media, imagePRESS c 7000vp on semi matt media have all passed and are FOGRA certified.

the registration is 0.5mm true, i apologize.

Thanks,

Xerox can do this too, with the Xerox DocuColor 5000AP, 7000AP, 8000AP

I think this is a relative statement. Both machines have a very acceptable deltaE for color shifting. Image Quality is subjective.

thanks

on the above XEROX machines using the rated speed settings will cause CROSS PROCESS LOW GLOSS BAND defects using heavy weighted stocks defects in the results and its recommended from XEROX itself to be switched to the single paper weight settings. in other word, XEROX rated speed setting isn't true coz it will cause quality problems.

im sorry but this isnt true, i have tested both machines imagePRESS c7000vp and XEROX DC8000ap and i have printed 1000 page on both machines and there was no color shifting or changing in colors from the first print out till the last one on the canon but the difference on the Xerox was clearly visible.

thanks

No one has mentioned the MGI Meteor DP60. It has very good color and offset press-like feed and delivery tables. You can add an envelope feeder as well. It has a card making option for hotel key cards, gift cards, etc. Base unit new is around 200K. Has a banner feed up to 47" too. Prints on paper or plastics by preheating material, so you can run a wide array of stocks. Duplexes, VDP capable and has up to 13"X19" format.
One disclaimer, I do sell them in my current position, but this is just information for you to compare as you do your due diligence. The company is based in France, but has offices/demo center in Florida. It is not a bad price point for what is does, though it may not fit your situation.

Is this machine capable of reliably running 11x17 transfers?

on the above XEROX machines using the rated speed settings will cause CROSS PROCESS LOW GLOSS BAND defects using heavy weighted stocks defects in the results and its recommended from XEROX itself to be switched to the single paper weight settings. in other word, XEROX rated speed setting isn't true coz it will cause quality problems.

im sorry but this isnt true, i have tested both machines imagePRESS c7000vp and XEROX DC8000ap and i have printed 1000 page on both machines and there was no color shifting or changing in colors from the first print out till the last one on the canon but the difference on the Xerox was clearly visible.

thanks

I beg to differ, after 1.3MM impressions on my 8000AP our color shift is still less than 2dE from first to last. Some runs as high as 16,000, duplexed 12x18 sheets, 100lb gloss cover, still less than 2dE color shift from first to last and day 1 to day 2 on the run. Front to back registration less than 0.5mm, as a matter of fact we are able to line up the cross hairs on all 4 corners.

As for the low gloss band, you are correct to an extent. The low gloss band is visible on extremely large, dark solid areas. I have NEVER had 1 customer complaint if it was on a print. If it presents a problem then we just run that job in Single Weight Mode, no big deal.

Now I'm not saying the 7000VP is a bad box or that the 8000AP is better, just want to make sure the facts are correct. Each and EVERY box has it's issues, you just need to figure them out and how it will effect your day to day jobs. I get so tired of folks who think their box is the answer to everyone's problem. The sales/tech monkey's who only drink the kool-aid from their manufacture need to spew it on some other forum. If you can't be objective then don't bother to post, what good are you doing?

4. The problem with the fuser oil is that it even goes where there is no toner. So just "not having toner in the spine," doesn't fully solve the issue. Fuser oil, is by definition, a "Release Agent." That is why glues will "Release" from areas with fuser oil. But yes, if you are having good luck with it, that is good. Like anything in printing, when it is going right, don't try to fix it.

We run all our perfect bound book covers using a Xerox 8000AP, never have I seen an issue with the glue. We run full to 10% coverage on anything from 80# cover to 14pt coated. Who has had an actual issue with this? Base193 has this been an issue for you in the past?

I just received 100 perfect bound books back from my binder that I ran on 12pt C1S on my 8000AP, no problems what so ever.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back