different kind of xerox 700 streaking

mojoprime

ok, this is a hot one.

i've got a xerox 700 printing to 80# uncoated, black and white, duplexed, 3-punch.

on the top edge of the prints, there's a smudged area that runs about a half-inch down from the top, the entire length of the page. the smudge appears in all colors, though tends to be primarily in black. weird because the job is greyscale.

i changed out the fuser; no love there. before i went in and started swapping out drums and toner cartridges, i wanted to check with you guys, the experts. it's a tight deadline thing, so if i didn't have to do a bunch of extra work, it would be better. barring that, i'll call a tech.

why does this always happen when you have hot jobs...?

many thanks in advance.

When you look closely, does it look like thin lines. If it does, it's possible that the cleaning blade on the IBT belt has got a tiny nick in it. The only way around this is to replace the blade because even if you clean the area, it will keep on building up with waste toner.

thanks for responding. no, it looks more like a smudge. and always in the same spot, running along that top edge. weirdness.

update: (bear with me if i miss some of the correct terminology) turns out that when they changed out the developers, the cleaning assembly was changed, but not the blade. so, he changed that and voila. weird. it was a smudged area followed by a line that ran across the top of a sheet. so if you ever see that, the cleaning blade might be the culprit.

thanks everybody for the help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back