DocuSP controller software

kbar

I have NO experience, ZERO, but I bought a xerox docutech 90 with no software, the hard drive was wiped by the city of Albuquerque.

I have been getting the run around from the xerox switchboard, Ive been referred to 5 different 800 numbers and no one has an answer about where I can buy the software, one guy told me it was too old and they no longer support or sell docuSP for my printer, this printer was just taken off line 8 months ago, when I picked it up it was printing water bills for the city of ABQ.

Can I use a different controller software? And does anyone know of a low cost alternative?

I'll have many, many more stupid or novice questions after I get the controller up and running, I've installed Solaris 10 but like I said I need the controller software.

The DT90 is still supported. I assume the controller is a SunBlade 150, you can't just load any version of Solairs no matter what the controller type. The highest version of DocuSP for this printer is 3.8.xx and the s/w kit contains the correct Solairs, if I recall, it's Solairs 8. Even if you don't want a service contract, I would think Xerox would come out and install the s/w for a fee. I used to support this printer on our 2nd level hotline, let me know if you have other questions. You should be able to contact sales to get the information you need.

cjk

if you put a service contract on the unit, Xerox will reload the sw, at a cost of course.

There's no alternative to DocuSP but like X33 said you can get it from Xerox if you buy a service contract or pay for the service call.

Now you might be able to get the software from an independent service company or from ebay or any other "gray market" source but you'll still need to pay Xerox for a license in order for the machine to run.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back