Dolev 4Press grid problem

sashalmi

Hello!

I have a Dolev 4Press. I made a few film yesterday, and they have a size problem. The grid is OK in the start position, but at 350 mm +2 mm, at the 600 +1 mm the distance.
I reload from a disk the grid parameters, but doesn't help.
The grid was OK for 7 years, and I haven't recognise any problems with the imagesetter.
Is it a mechanical problem? Or trie to measure a new grid?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Is the size problem horizontal or vertical ? If it's horizontal it almost surely points to carriage/traverse mechanical problems, clean and oil the leadscrew then retest. Does the carriage pass the home position check ?

If I make 2 films they are same size in A/2. But if I make a color A/3, the C and Y, the M and B OK, but the C doesn't fit with the M ...

Dear Leo,

I don't think so. The size and the shape of the plotted are constans successively. If I plot a grid, I can measure the difference between the start and the end of plot.
May I have to make a new gridtable?

If the origin software of Dolev is good, then the grid is good, grid only is not correct when we damage to spinner and dynamic optic, screw by some reasons.
You can try new grid but it require tech and charge.

As Leo said the most likely problem is with the Dynamic Optics. This is a one piece unit that might need replacing.

Dear Leo,

I don't think so. The size and the shape of the plotted are constans successively. If I plot a grid, I can measure the difference between the start and the end of plot.
May I have to make a new gridtable?

As Leo said the most likely problem is with the Dynamic Optics. This is a one piece unit that might need replacing.

Looks like the dynamic optic is not centered to the drum anymore, You need to remove the lead screw, carriage assy and clean all the dirt accumulated over time. Not as complicated as it sounds. Worth case scenario, the padding at the bottom is worn out and you would need a new carriage assy. Got all the parts for Scitex dolevs.
[email protected]

have you check you film rollers they smetimes make the wrong presure and help this error to happend, the other option that every body is saying about your spinner is also a posible one,

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back