EFI Fiery Question

Seeking Knowledge

Could someone tell me how to set the Fiery RIP to preserve pure black for vectors, so 100% black does not change to rich black? Also is there a way to by-pass CM on vector elements only?

Thanks in advanced.

If you are printing out of, say, Illustrator, you may want to check your preferences and make sure that "Output all blacks as rich black" is not checked under handling of blacks.

Also, in my Fiery, I don't have the "inkjet black" option.. Under my "expert" color settings under Black & Grey processing I have an option to output blacks as rich or 100K and under CMYK settings I have an option to print greyscale using only K for text, text/graphics, text/graphics/images.

Could someone tell me how to set the Fiery RIP to preserve pure black for vectors, so 100% black does not change to rich black? Also is there a way to by-pass CM on vector elements only?

Thanks in advanced.

You could also utilize the device link profile functionality. Create a device link profile of your reference profile and media profile and preserve 100% black in the DL.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back