Error 13

LUIS AVILA

I have an error 13 (left door open) on AV44. I already check the switch is OK, cables, conector to SDM Board everything is OK, even I check with another SDM Board and the error still . I check disconecting the cable from DEC to SDM the error 13 still the same.
I suspect the problem is with my DEC board but I don´t know how to verify it or resolve that error:confused:.

Luis, I have to know the history of error 13 appearance:
Did they replace any board (DEC or SDM) or upgrade Avantra SoftWare before?
What's the number at SDM FPGA (square shaped) chip U15? 209504-0009?
Correct version SDM FPGA for Av44 is 209834-0005 and SDM part # 2092870-503

Last edited:
service this AV44 long time ago, No I didn´t replace anytime DEC or SDM, neither any software upgrade. I have to check the version of SDM FPGA. But I know for sure is the original working several years with same board. I remember this problem appear after I try to correct some problems with the position of the flappers, I missplace the connectors of the flapper position sensors (up-down and vice versa) so the motor was forced. I not complete sure about it but may be is related with the problem.
In that case the problem has to be in the SDM board?, but I already check this SDM board in other AV44 and is working with no problem at all.

OK Luis, let's start to think smart:
SDM works fine in another Av44, door safety switch works good as well...
What else works wrong? Wires and connectors from the safety switch to SDM.
May be you missed one pin in the connector when you checked flappers and put back 4 pins black connector into large connector body, or put it wrong side... or bent that pin and can't see it.
There is nothing unexpected in Avantras!

I check the DEC board in another working Avantra and the same error (13) appear, that´s why I am very sure the conectors, cables, from SDM are ok, the only possibility about conectors is the conector pins on the DEC board tomorrow I going to check it with a Magnifier glass. It´s a possibility my DEC board have problems with software or harware, because all the software revisions are ok in the boot secuence screen, but when I try with avdiag various revisions are in 0.0 also I can´t see the condition off the sensor (left door open) because didn´t appear ON or OFF, also various sensors didn´t appear the condition ON /OFF just are in blank with no information.

Error 13 door open is in most cases a cable break in the safety system, check the wiring between the jack on the board and the sensor, sometimes it helps to "tickle" the sensor with a strong magnet just to see.

It´s possible the DEC board NOT supply voltage to the boards SDM, etc. . How can I check the voltage for SDM board from DEC.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back