ES2000 for Epson???

kdw75

We have an ES-2000 that we use now for our Xerox with a Fiery RIP. I noticed in the documentation that it mentioned being able to print out targets as PDFs so that you could use them to calibrate other machines.

So does this mean that we can use the ES-2000 to calibrate our Epson 9900? If so does that require a RIP or some software? Or do you just scan the PDF that was output on the Epson and then use the profile that it saves?

Hope I don't sound too daft.

Calibration and profiling usually involves a RIP. If you use the driver to print you can still make your custom profiles based on calibrations given by the driven (when you select a media type you basically choose a calibration). To fine tune these calibrations there is a utility from Epson called Color Base, it doesn't give you the ability to create a new calibration though. I haven't used this for a long time so I don't know if the new version of i1 is supported, the "older" version is (the ES-x000 is an i1 renamed by EFI).

Hope it helps

I have been looking at Colorburst and Onyx. Is either one better at reproducing spot color accurately?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back