Eye One spectro software

bhm8hwcm

I have a GretagMacbeth EyeOne that was bundled with profiling software for my Xerox. I use it to calibrate my Xerox and I can also use it to generate profiles.

I am trying to see if there is any software out there that I can use to read individual patches. Right now I believe the software I have only reads the charts that are used for calibration and building profiles.

I want to be able to read a patch and have the software tell me what the value is.

I am hoping to calibrate my press for G7 and figured this is what I will need.

If you own ProfileMaker, the MeasureTool module will allow for spot measurement of Lab values and density (no measurement of Dotgain, but can be infered from target measurement). If you don't own a license for ProfileMaker, you can still use MeasureTool for Lab values. Download from Xrite.

BabelColor CT&A has a SpectralTools portion that allows lab, spectral and densitometric measurement, including TVI/dot gain (and some other useful tools). A portion of these tools function as shareware, but the software is very affordable.

For the pressroom, you might consider something like SpotOn, which is geared very much toward process control. Other options are MellowColor and PressSign. GMG also has RapidCheck for pressroom process control. These options are more robust, and priced accordingly.

All of the above support the i1.

Another option would be Prinect Color Toolbox. This provides Profile Tool (formally know as Print Open) for generating profiles, editing, iterations, GCR, UCR and device link profiles. The package also includes Quality Monitor. You can use this to read and compare press sheets or proofs for short term or long term analysis. Both support EyeOne along with many other spectros. A third optional program is Calibration Manager which can be used for calibration and has excellent smoothing algorithms for calibration. If you will be at Graph Expo, we can show you the software. Just ask for me at the information center on the Heidelberg booth and I will arrange for a demo. We will be showing the next version, Prinect Color Tools 3.5. In the Profile Tool is a new feature, Near Neutral Optimizer, that colormetrically analyzes and generates data for near neutral calibration. You can use a standard printing characteristic profile for a target such as ISO, GRACoL, SWOP or have a custom target. Read in you press sheet or proof and with a few mouse clicks, it compares the source and the printing characteristics and the information for calibration is generated...this is about as easy as it gets. If you are at Graph Expo Sunday, we will also have an afternoon seminar in our Print Media Academy section on the software and the Near Neutral Optimizer. This is one of 15 seminars we will provide. Hope to see you there.

Regards,

Mark Tonkovich
Product Manager, CtP & Proofing

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back