Franklin Estimating W2P

A.C.R.

Our Company is looking at Franklin Estimating's new Web2Print solution. Is there anyone out there that is currently using this system, or has heard anything about it? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

The Enduring web2print

The Enduring web2print

Hi ACR
Web2print is the most important tool of this day and age for commercial printers and the right one can do wonders for you and your clients. If you are interested in a feature rich, integrated, scalable and flexible Web2print solution that moulds to your needs and is well within your budget, I would like to invite you to try E Flo the enduring web2print solution from Print MIS before you make your decision. Kindly visit Print Management Software or contact me.

Regards

David Hyter, Marketing Manager
Print Management Information Systems

Europe / Global Switchboard +44 (0) 800 311 2048
North America and Canada +1 (203) 702 0638
Middle East + 971 503 983 189
[email protected]

Attachments

• ad.JPG
    ad.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 243
davidhyter, as a field insider, what can you tell us about Franklin's W2P software?

We will be switching to Franklin soon, and with the recent news of Press-sense (iWay W2P) we might need another W2P vendor. I wonder if it is a custom Franklin product built with the Franklin workframe or at least with it in mind, or if it is just a Franklin Branded W2P?

davidhyter, as a field insider, what can you tell us about Franklin's W2P software?

We will be switching to Franklin soon, and with the recent news of Press-sense (iWay W2P) we might need another W2P vendor. I wonder if it is a custom Franklin product built with the Franklin workframe or at least with it in mind, or if it is just a Franklin Branded W2P?

JasonSpr,
It appears to be a Franklin built product. My main concern is the work involved to create customized customer templates. We need something very customizable for each customer, but also easy to set up on our end. One thing I do like about Franklin's solution is it's ability to link together with Franklin's Job Management software.

If you do find out some more, or get to see a demo, please post again. I'm going to ask my IT guy about this since he's overseeing the installation of Franklin, and see if he can get a demo for us or at least the spec sheet of what the product is suposed to do. I'll post back if I can learn more.

In my company we're testing GMC PortalBuilder as a "simple" W2P Output for our VDP Soft (PrintNet)

I can say it's easy to use, and if your projects are mostly "simple" the result is the power of PrintNet mixted with a simple client-side interface and easy-to-set-up website. In addition, it supports PayPal and some handy features, it's not like Interactive, but depending your (or your client's) needs, it might be useful/powerful.

It sounds like most users are fairly pleased with GMC PrintNet. Does anyone have a rough price range(I'm sure it varies depending on what options you select). We have a customer that is considering PageFlex, but are a little shy about the price tag.

Also, is anyone using this software in conjunction with Creo or Fiery Rips?

Thank you.

Franklin Estimating Web to Print

Franklin Estimating Web to Print

For everyone that has not figured it out yet, Franklin Estimating does not have a web to print product of their own. They have rebranded Rocket Prints web to print product (Rocketprint Software|Web to Print Software|VDP|Online Printing Software Workflow). Rocket Print, writes, updates and supports the program. If you purchase directly from Rocket Print there is no set up charge, no contract and the monthly charge is cheaper (since Franklin even marks up the monthly charge).
It is a descent program for the price, but I recommend going direct to Rocket Print, since it is cheaper, going that way and you are actually able to talk to a support person that understands the product when you have issues.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back