Fuji Xerox Versant 80 Press

If this is released in Japan now, when roughly would this be introduced to Europe for purchase.

We're in the process of getting a J75 but have been delayed due to internal issues but seeing this has me wondering.

If this is released in Japan now, when roughly would this be introduced to Europe for purchase.

We're in the process of getting a J75 but have been delayed due to internal issues but seeing this has me wondering.

I was talking to a Xerox Sales Rep yesterday. According to her, Versant 80 will be available in the US with in 6 months.

From what I am hearing it uses the same developer housing as the 75s but probably a different fuser setup, probably a belt.

it would be best to wait for the versant 80. Large jump in print quality over previous gen due to the new fuser belt design. I would rate the print quality improvement to be the about the same as coming from a dc260 to a 700dcp.

it would be best to wait for the versant 80. Large jump in print quality over previous gen due to the new fuser belt design. I would rate the print quality improvement to be the about the same as coming from a dc260 to a 700dcp.

By chance I was talking to our rep yesterday about this. He said they have little or no info on it yet. He had been speaking with other reps trying to workout where it would fit in the range here. He estimated that since the J75 is 35k euro the versant 80 would be up about the €50k - €60k mark. This would be out of our price range anyway if he's right.

To me it does seem a big step to be a replacement of the C75 as described. Really not sure what to think. The click charges on our Dc242 are killing us and we have big savings to be made by upgrading as soon as possible.

There is no information about the inline spectrofotometer in the brocure, so could the versant 80 replace C75? Versant 2100 was announced in march and the first installs were on august - septemper, if i recall right.

By chance I was talking to our rep yesterday about this. He said they have little or no info on it yet. He had been speaking with other reps trying to workout where it would fit in the range here. He estimated that since the J75 is 35k euro the versant 80 would be up about the €50k - €60k mark. This would be out of our price range anyway if he's right.

To me it does seem a big step to be a replacement of the C75 as described. Really not sure what to think. The click charges on our Dc242 are killing us and we have big savings to be made by upgrading as soon as possible.

Not sure about Xerox Europe prices, but for fuji xerox, the versant 80 pricing is similar/lower than the j75 as the versant 80 can be configured with an offset catch tray.

There was a price of 8 500 000 yen in the japan dealers site a while back. Thats about 64 000 €.

List Prices found in Fuji Xerox JP website
Versant 80 + print controller 8,200,000 yen
Versant 2100 + print controller 19,800,000 yen
C75 + print controller 9,200,000 yen
C1000 + print controller 45,000,000 yen

All prices are for basic configuration only. The list prices should only be used as a blunt tool to compare prices. Even within Fuji Xerox, Japan pricing and APAC pricing can be very different.

Last edited:
So with Fuji Xerox showing the list price lower than the C75, think I could negotiate myself into the Versant 80 instead of the C75 for roughly the same price when Im supposed to take delivery of a C75 in a couple months? Or think they are trying to offload the C75's with the 80 coming out soon?

It sounds to me like this is going to be a big upgrade from the C75/J75. I had the impression that it ran most, if not all, papers at full speed, like the 2100, and that it will run 350gsm paper. It actually makes me think that it is essentially a 2100, with a slight speed decrease. Now if that turns out to be the case, and it is even close to the same price as the J75, it makes me think it is a better bargain than the 2100.

Right so if the 80 will be rolled out in 6 months in the USA, does that help estimate the Europe arrival?

It sounds to me like this is going to be a big upgrade from the C75/J75. I had the impression that it ran most, if not all, papers at full speed, like the 2100, and that it will run 350gsm paper. It actually makes me think that it is essentially a 2100, with a slight speed decrease. Now if that turns out to be the case, and it is even close to the same price as the J75, it makes me think it is a better bargain than the 2100.

Versant is actually 80 ppm for 301 - 350 gsm. Also if you look at the body of the printer it is much smaller and compact than the 2100. I doubt the versant 80 has the PAR -registration, cooling module and the fullwidth array. It does have the advanced SIQA-tools though.

Versant is actually 80 ppm for 301 - 350 gsm. Also if you look at the body of the printer it is much smaller and compact than the 2100. I doubt the versant 80 has the PAR -registration, cooling module and the fullwidth array. It does have the advanced SIQA-tools though.

For roughly double the price, it should have more than a cooling belt. The belt is only necessary because of the higher speed, from my understanding, and with a finisher, even less necessary. The FWA is handy, but hard to justify if it adds that much to the cost.

Last edited:
The versant 80 will have an optional "performance package" option that will upgrade the device to a like-J75 configuration. It will include the 350gsm at rated speed and the inline spectrophotometer. Without that package, it will output similar to the C75 and will slow down on heavier stocks. With all that said, I believe it will still only auto duplex up to 300gsm regardless of the performance package or not. It will likely launch in March or early-Q2.

Hi all,

Just looking over the net at release dates and it looks like the C75, which this seems to be replacing, was released in Japan in Nov 12 and then in Europe in March 13. Doesn't seem too far apart. If this Versant 80 was following a similar plan i would have thought info would be on the Europe market?
Anyone heard any more news from reps worldwide?

Also can anyone tell me, do machine prices generally rise or fall from when they are released over the period of their sales life?

We just talked with some Xerox guys, we have been fighting with our J75 for almost 8 months and will not be keeping it (less then a year old). We will be looking at the Versant 80 and we were told they can start selling them here in Canada on Monday (Feb 9).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back