help in major problem in Canon 6010

abdouz

we got Canon 6010 from 2 months ago but we have problem with colors that we got difference color from the same color printed on the same sheet (like if we print full 13X19 with gray color we got the color changed from top to bottom.......
any body have canon can help me, i have a test files for this problem i can send it to whom will help me

It sounds like you have an uneven charge across the sheet. This issue can be fixed with a simple engine calibration. The canon has 3 calibration steps... shading correction, full auto gradation, and RIP calibration. Your canon service tech can walk you through this process. It should become a part of your daily routine.

Thanks StrikTenn913

already we made all calibrations (shading correction, full auto gradation, and RIP calibration) but the problem still and the canon tech. told me that technology limitation ....
did u have canon 6010 to make my test?????

Thanks StrikTenn913

already we made all calibrations (shading correction, full auto gradation, and RIP calibration) but the problem still and the canon tech. told me that technology limitation ....
did u have canon 6010 to make my test?????

Hi. I have access to a 6010 if you want to PM me with info, I'd be happy to run your test.

I don't know about cannons by I know the konica 6500 series has this to some degree from gear to operator side of the machine. And it is a limitation of the machine. There are ways to minimize it (so there may be on the cannon as well) At least on the konica a light cmyk grey will show a lot of the flaws of the machine vs say a full colour black.

I run a Kodak M700 which is the Canon 6000 with a Kodak front end. StrikTenn913 is very close about uneven charge across the sheet. You can adjust the Charger Grids in the color that is giving you the problem. I also have files within the machine that I can run to check this. I'm not sure if they are a Kodak product or Canon. I can't imagine a tech not knowing how to adjust the Chargers.

test color file

test color file

View attachment test Color.pdf
dear All
kindly find attached PDF file as color test, print it in your Machine, after printing cut the Bus. card and put every kind together to see color, is the color are the same or not?????
please share your experience with us

PS print in on Coated paper 300 gms

Last edited:
Whats the spec for color shift on a sheet for a 6010? I bet the difference you are seeing is not enough for it to be outside the norms. Especially if you are trying to print a solid composite grey.

Whats the spec for color shift on a sheet for a 6010? I bet the difference you are seeing is not enough for it to be outside the norms. Especially if you are trying to print a solid composite grey.

my problem not in just grey the problem with all halftone colors....we print big volume from bus. cards and we face this problem after cutting we got difference between each side from the sheet, about solid color no problem because it is 100% from the color

my problem not in just grey the problem with all halftone colors....we print big volume from bus. cards and we face this problem after cutting we got difference between each side from the sheet, about solid color no problem because it is 100% from the color

I understand that but if the expectations of the machine from Canon are to be within 5 delta-E and your variance is only 4 delta-E your tech would be right that its beyond the capabilities of the machine. It does not matter what test sheet you have to prove the color is different, if the variance is within specifications of the machine it won't matter. I don't know how canon operates but Xerox gives us a document that spells out all of these specifications, called the Customer Expectation Document. With it I know my 700 can have a variance of 7 deltaE within the sheet before Xerox will say it is a machine issue. I don't know if you have seen 7 deltaE but that is a HUGE swing in color, 2-3 shades at least.

More info on deltaE:
http://cmykguide.com/pdf/2. CMYK GUIDE - Delta E and Delta H.pdf

It sounds like you have an uneven charge across the sheet. This issue can be fixed with a simple engine calibration. The canon has 3 calibration steps... shading correction, full auto gradation, and RIP calibration. Your canon service tech can walk you through this process. It should become a part of your daily routine.

The uneven charge is correct but unless the engine calibration is specifically designed to look at density from gear side to front side, the typical engine calibration applies a global profile and isn't stepping it across the sheet. The most recent digital presses from Xerox and KM have the ability to measure and apply a stepping profile across a sheet, Xerox has what they call a Full Width Array calibration and KM has a Density Balance Profile adjustment. I haven't heard of Canon having the ability to do this but that doesn't mean they can't - find out if there is a specific calibration method for checking color across the sheet.

I understand that but if the expectations of the machine from Canon are to be within 5 delta-E and your variance is only 4 delta-E your tech would be right that its beyond the capabilities of the machine. It does not matter what test sheet you have to prove the color is different, if the variance is within specifications of the machine it won't matter. I don't know how canon operates but Xerox gives us a document that spells out all of these specifications, called the Customer Expectation Document. With it I know my 700 can have a variance of 7 deltaE within the sheet before Xerox will say it is a machine issue. I don't know if you have seen 7 deltaE but that is a HUGE swing in color, 2-3 shades at least.

More info on deltaE:
http://cmykguide.com/pdf/2. CMYK GUIDE - Delta E and Delta H.pdf

thanks for this this information....but i need to know the DeltaE measure the difference between the original color and the printed color or measure the difference between the same color in the same sheets?????

The uneven charge is correct but unless the engine calibration is specifically designed to look at density from gear side to front side, the typical engine calibration applies a global profile and isn't stepping it across the sheet. The most recent digital presses from Xerox and KM have the ability to measure and apply a stepping profile across a sheet, Xerox has what they call a Full Width Array calibration and KM has a Density Balance Profile adjustment. I haven't heard of Canon having the ability to do this but that doesn't mean they can't - find out if there is a specific calibration method for checking color across the sheet.

Just FYI Toner4Brains the canon engine does have the capability you mention in the engine calibration procedure. One part of the calibration measures steps cross track (operator side to gear side) and the other measures steps in-track (lead edge to tail edge of sheet).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back