help in running prinect signa station from a mac

Tshepho

Hi

We've been running signa station on a pc with no problems. I've installed it on our 2 other macs running OSX 10.5.8. The problem I'm having is that we get the message that says the document path can't be encoded.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
If operating on Mac, safest way to output towards Meta, is not to print as a job ticket, but as PDF.

You cannot have the files to be imposed on your computer. Metadimension has problems linking directly to macs. You have to put them on an external PC server, our in the Metadimension computer itself. Here, we put them on NAS running linux, and it works fine (even in Job ticket).

Yes,

I guess janezl was right. You should try PDF output (Output Parameter Sets / General section).

Or you must read article in installation guide (page 32-34 : Mounting SMB Server Shares section) Maybe it can be useful.

I hope problem will solve.

Regards.

signa on mac

signa on mac

jobticket pdf output has/had issues too.

i would recommend storing all job pdfs on a smb server/share that the meta can reach. meta itself comes to mind here (add more hd space to meta, use it as a jobstore for all pdfs) - added bonus - meta has the pdf already locally. that way standard jobticket always works just fine.

I have a problem, i have in stalled signa station 2012, but when i start it it says "'Licence server unavailable. you cannot work without access to the licence server'" can any body help me solve this problem

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back