Hickey Catcher

Brian Dup

We installed a SM 74, received these hickey catchers( see attached pic) but cannot seem to work them. Can someone using these please tell me how to use then. I think there is some kind or rail or support bar missing on the press.

Attachments

• 12102009023.jpg
    12102009023.jpg
    725.7 KB · Views: 173
we have similar on our 300.
there should be a slot somewhere that they slide into and a spring loaded peice that they fit into. they slide back and forth on a track and you just aim it up to where the hicky is and push it into the plate for a couple of revolutions. keep them very clean as they will scratch plates very easily if you dont

Thanks Albert,

My press doesn't have the piece you are talking about. is it possible that you can post a pic of this part where the hickey catcher slips onto?

it's likely different on an sm74. that's just how ours works on our roland.
but that's how those hickey removers work in general, just pushing them into the plate.

I've noticed that there is something missing there, but I do not know what it looks like or where exactly it goes. Please can someone take a picture of one on a SM74 and post it.

hickey catchers

hickey catchers

We installed a SM 74, received these hickey catchers( see attached pic) but cannot seem to work them. Can someone using these please tell me how to use then. I think there is some kind or rail or support bar missing on the press.

Under the water tray! Look with flash light, There is a carrier make sure that is allighned with insert slot first. Insert at widend slot on OS. Scale matches ink zones. TEST FIRST! There is a adjusment on catcher for depth. test with damps down at idle after job completion so as not to ruin a good plate. good force is needed once depth set, so start easy while testing. You will hear some screetching, this is normal. Clean after every job completion or end of day(if not changing colors)
Good luck.
John L

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back