iJetColor 1175 Pro general color experiences?

Make_It_So

Hi guys,

We have had this device for about a month or so now and the one thing we noticed is the kinda washed out looking colors. I attempted to match a Reflex order today and it was so far off we had to pull it and send it to one of our offset presses.

Is this common for this press to be a bit on the washed out side? I have played around with the different print options too like "Color Blast" and it was underwhelming.

What you are printing on can make a difference, I have had to use the special "Digi-M" envelopes to hit a certain color on my memjet.

We've had our iJet 1175 for over a year and have absolutely loved it. What you have to realize is that the inkjet ink set will not be able to reproduce those really deep or bright Pantone colors, especially Reflex Blue. No CMYK device can match Reflex Blue. We have found that it matches (or at least is a sellable match) around 85% of our small press work

We've had our iJet 1175 for over a year and have absolutely loved it. What you have to realize is that the inkjet ink set will not be able to reproduce those really deep or bright Pantone colors, especially Reflex Blue. No CMYK device can match Reflex Blue. We have found that it matches (or at least is a sellable match) around 85% of our small press work
Thank you. Nice to know. I will pass this along.

Make sure you are using Pantone C(coated) colors and not U(uncoated) in your files. Don't forget you can tweak the colors as well in the DFE. We print on normal everyday off the shelf envelopes, not the expensive Digi-M from Western. We print a lot of corporate colors and have never had any issues. We have roughly 3.5 million on our 1175P, so I'm thinking by now an issue would have popped up.

The Printect Cockpit outputs PMS as CP colors. I just changed an order to C and it did make a difference but still needed quite a bit of adjustment. Of course I am dealing with a blue color (PANTONE 2945 C). It just can't get bright enough and looks washed out compared to the offset sample I am trying to match.

Indeed. My book has no such info. What book are you using? Thank you, sir.
Look for four dots in a square pattern below the color. That indicates that a reasonable match of the color IS ACHIEVABLE using CMYK. If those dots are not present, then you will not be able to match that color with CMYK.

I rarely used Pantone build numbers. Always had to adjust. I could almost always beat the bridge book. Also, try mixing 8XX flourescent colors into your primaries to make things pop.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back