Ikon, Here we go again.

Happyprinter

I have said it before, I believe that the c901 is one of the finest mid range color units on the market today. When it runs, the color is hard to beat, WHEN IT RUNS! As you've seen in former posts we have had a few issues with the machine putting horizontal and vertical lines in the print. Also, not printing on the very ends of the sheet, say for example a 12x18. The last time we had an issue it took many phone calls and several weeks to finally get someone qualified from IKON out to remedy the situation. Which brings me to the current situation. Again, about a week ago the quality of our printed image returned to the horizontal and vertical lines. Numerous attempts by IKON service techs to fix the problems have resulted in the problems not being fixed. After calling the service manager today I was told that the problem had been escalated but until they heard something they couldn't do anything else, Here I sit with a broken machine, paying a monthly service contract, and the service manager tells me that there is nothing he can do. WOW!!! Starting to sound more like a government ran business every day. Now with that being said, I do not mean to run down all of Ikons service people. I',m sure they have some fantastic techs. The 2 huge issue that they need to address is #1 TRAINING before they sell a machine. And #2 Customer relations. Return a phone call once in a while and let the customer know what's going on. I cant imagine they don't understand that when we fork out cash for a machine that we need it to produce so that we can recoupe our investment and possibly, if were lucky, make a small profit. Will keep you updated on what happens next.

Greetings,

I'm an Indigo engineer these days but I've run the C900. My advice is to make enough noise that they keep a complete spare fuser unit and other replacment parts on hand. When you have the problem, just throw in the new fuser and let the tech rebuild the old one when they get there.

good luck,

Mark

901 streaking

901 streaking

we have both a c900 and a c901 - while they look similar they are vastly different so to compare the two re: the fuser for the c900 - it wouldn't work.

We've been thru a number of providers - thus far IKON is the best we've had. We have the c900, c901, two Kodak digimasters and a 1357 Ricoh all under contract with IKON - we're very happy currently. The c901 has pretty decent user reviews from the various corners i could see. Hang in there. there are issues with every digital unit out there to some degree. It's a fluid technology - but compare it to even 3-5 years ago and look at where they've come to. Pretty amazing. So far no issues with the c901.

I have said it before, I believe that the c901 is one of the finest mid range color units on the market today. When it runs, the color is hard to beat, WHEN IT RUNS! As you've seen in former posts we have had a few issues with the machine putting horizontal and vertical lines in the print. Also, not printing on the very ends of the sheet, say for example a 12x18. The last time we had an issue it took many phone calls and several weeks to finally get someone qualified from IKON out to remedy the situation. Which brings me to the current situation. Again, about a week ago the quality of our printed image returned to the horizontal and vertical lines. Numerous attempts by IKON service techs to fix the problems have resulted in the problems not being fixed. After calling the service manager today I was told that the problem had been escalated but until they heard something they couldn't do anything else, Here I sit with a broken machine, paying a monthly service contract, and the service manager tells me that there is nothing he can do. WOW!!! Starting to sound more like a government ran business every day. Now with that being said, I do not mean to run down all of Ikons service people. I',m sure they have some fantastic techs. The 2 huge issue that they need to address is #1 TRAINING before they sell a machine. And #2 Customer relations. Return a phone call once in a while and let the customer know what's going on. I cant imagine they don't understand that when we fork out cash for a machine that we need it to produce so that we can recoupe our investment and possibly, if were lucky, make a small profit. Will keep you updated on what happens next.

Happyprinter
We are experiencing the exact same thing Llnes in both directions. Service techs just making guesses and changing parts to see what happens. Ricoh doesn't know what the problem is. They think if we change enough parts maybe it will work. From what I have heard this is not just a issue at a few places. I do believe that it is effecting all of the s and c 901 units.

If I were you I would talk to someone above the service manager if that was his answer. I find it unacceptable that a problem can't be resolved.

Just an update. After having Ricoh fly in a tech and work on our 901, they are unable to fix the unit. Turns out, according to Ricohs specs., the unit was not to be installed over 6500' above sea level. We are slightly higher than that. So, we will try to do a couple more things like crank up the humidity and see what happens but looks like unless things change dramatically by Monday, the unit will be going back to Ikon. Learned a very important lesson with this machine. Will never again buy a machine new on the market until it has been thoroughly proven in the field, unless their is a iron-clad guarantee in the contract as far as down time compensation if the machine does not perform as advertised. From what I am learning, there are a lot of others with this machine that are experiencing color consistency issues with their machine also. As I have said before, when it runs, it is and amazing machine. When it runs!
Will keep you updated.

Just an update. After having Ricoh fly in a tech and work on our 901, they are unable to fix the unit. Turns out, according to Ricohs specs., the unit was not to be installed over 6500' above sea level. We are slightly higher than that. So, we will try to do a couple more things like crank up the humidity and see what happens but looks like unless things change dramatically by Monday, the unit will be going back to Ikon. Learned a very important lesson with this machine. Will never again buy a machine new on the market until it has been thoroughly proven in the field, unless their is a iron-clad guarantee in the contract as far as down time compensation if the machine does not perform as advertised. From what I am learning, there are a lot of others with this machine that are experiencing color consistency issues with their machine also. As I have said before, when it runs, it is and amazing machine. When it runs!
Will keep you updated.

It is a mechanical glitch. Have you tech check for gear backlash in the drum and belt transfer drives. I do think that you will find your problem.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back