Image Overflow indicator for InDesign

Norcrans

Does anyone know if there is any software out there that can detect if an image file that has been pulled into InDesign is being cut off because the image isn't properly scaled in the image box. Something that works similar to a text overflow box error. I know that this is a long shot and it may not exist but I need to make sure I check everywhere before giving up on this one.

I have included a pdf file that shows what I am talking about. If you look you can see that there is a line of copy at the bottom that is being cut off and the whole right side is missing. Why an operator would miss something like this is way beyond me but it happens quite a bit and if I can error proof this like I can with text that has overflowed it would make my life easier.

I am currently running InDesign CS3 on a Mac with the Tiger OS.

Attachments

• Cutoff Image.pdf
    16 KB · Views: 187
there is a proportional fit to frame command, this is a probleb because on a placed file it can be hard to distinguish between text and graphics.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back