Importing Data with Xmpie Help Please

Yookaroo

Hey guys, I am new here and have only been working with xmpie for a few weeks.

I am pulling a password field into a document, from a csv file, the passwords can be numbers or letters, and when I link my data all the passwords that are just numbers are fine and all the passwords that have letters come in as a 0 I havent edited any rules or modified my content objects in any way.

Im sure I am missing something simple but I dont get it, I have even tried creating a new file and pulling the same data in again with the same results, I have other fields like "login" that has number/letter combos and they work fine?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

try copy the relevant data column , right click on the same column and select Paste Special and select the radio button next to 'values'.

If that doesn't work, then it might be worth checking what he plan adores look like.

I open the csv in text editor and save as a text file. this helped with zip codes were i would loose the 0 in the beginning.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back