Imposition Proofing

chadfield

I've searched the forum and did find some information on imposition proofing but I would like to see if there's any new advise on proofing options. We are using an Agfajet Sherpa2 for proofing currently but I'm having issues with the company that services the equipment. It looks to me the HP Designet 5500 is the most common solution. We don't do nearly as many hard-proofs as we used to so I have no problem flipping the sheets manually. Thanks for any information.

Have had the HP2500 and a HP 5500 for an imposition proofer (as a Preproofer2000 (sheet-fed) and a DoubleProof(Roll Fed)
What a PIA now that I look back on these plotters and flippers...after some production use you had to jump on one leg while whistling dixie with saltines in your mouth to get these to behave...for a short time...

Currently have two Canon iPF8300s plotters in an IMPOproof configuration http://www.impoproof.com/...and both parts of the system have been great tools...but for one-off proofing is isn't the best choice (waste a lot of paper as these are two plotters web'd together)

If you are just looking for 1-sided stuff, I really like the EPSON plotters for the simplicity of paper loading and head-life (at least on my 9880 and 7600 that I have owned)

HP 5500 is quite old and can't be reliable solution. For my own experience the best solution for imposition proofing is Epson plotters. New SureColor Epson generation plotters is really reliable and very comfortable for using.

Another very inportant question is your software have direct support for plotter waht you are planning to use.

Hope this helps.

Buy an Epson. I've worked with the last 4 generations of both HP and Epson. I've never killed an Epson but I've seen at least 5 HPs die under the same workload. I know of a more than 10 years old Epson 9000 still working every day doing imposition proofs.

We do need two sided proofing and we have Prinergy EVO workflow for sending to the proofers.

But what proofing RIP software do you use when you send out from Prinergy Evo?

If it is Kodak Proofing Sofware (KPS) you have to use a supported printer.

Stephen Marsh

If flipping the paper manually is ok, then I would suggest an Epson. The Epson is easy to use (and priced economically!) and the paper path on an Epson is a straight shot -- no wrapping around rollers or anything that might distort the paper making front/back alignment more of a challenge.

pd

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back