Ink Cartridge

Gaz

Can anyone tell me how a 440ml ink cartridge signals the printer it has ran out of ink.
Does the lip that comes out touch a micro switch or does it send a signal from the chip.
I am having a problem of the ink finishing but the printer does not "Beep" or stop printing.
This is on a Roland VP 540.
Any help please.

From what I remember hearing, I think the chip in the cartridge keeps track of how much ink has been consumed and lets the printer know when it's out. Not sure exactly how it works but if that's the way it goes whatever communicates with the chips may have gone bad. I can't remember if that's how it actually works, I could be totally wrong and it may work differently, figured I'd throw that out there though.

Check your firmware for an update, there were issues with this a while back but they addressed it I believe.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back