Introduce yourself!

Hi Everybody,

Alt-team is a name of the company where I'm working. To be honest, I'm here to tell people about our products and services. But I really hope that this information will be useful for business owners, who are aimed to be in trend of e-commerce software news. To know more about Alt-team, google it.

Freetime: travelling, forums and looking for new ideas for start-ups.

Kind regards, Alt-team.

Hi

Accept greetings from COSMO Films, India .....!

Started in 1981, We are pleased to introduce ourselves as Largest BOPP & Thermal Lamination Film manufacturer from India. State-of-art manufacturing facility at our various plants in 3 continents proudly makes us most preferred supplier ( Top 5 ) in the world.

For more information you may visit us at Laminating Solutions, Bopp, Packaging, Specialty Films | Cosmo Films Ltd.
For corporate profile video, you visit at Cosmo Films Corporate Video - YouTube.

Looking forward to hear you soon.

Best Regards,

Sachin Kothari
International Marketing.

Cosmo Films Limited
B-14/8, MIDC, Waluj, Aurangabad (MS) 431138 INDIA
T:+91 02402554611 ( Extn.191) , Fax: +912402554416 | M:+ 91 9850901573
www.cosmofilms.com; skype - kothari.sachin
Email - [email protected]

7-8-2014-1-40-27-pm.jpg

Tony
Goss Community (11 units ) press operator . smaller print shop owned by a big company . i have 2 years experience with a press . If asked 5 years ago if what i would be doing i would have never guessed a press operator . but i love what i do and i like the place i work ..

I've been with this printing/direct mail shop for six years. The printing is largely done with variable data on a Canon C7000 for color and Konica Minolta machines for b/w. FusionPro is our data app and workflow is exclusively pdf, although we often work with customer native files to start. I confess to being a lurker of Printplanet even before working here and have always appreciated the smart, useful advice offered here.

Hi All,

This is Zac, and I've been in the Print Industry for a whole 6 months. Graduated in December with a BS in Graphic Arts and now I'm doing prepress for a small/medium size publication printer. With little onsite training I've been able to teach myself a lot through these forums and other search engines. So for that, I tip my hat to all of you that participate!

Best,
ZG

Welcome! Zac!

I have gained much from this forum. I am JimBob I have 40 years in graphics design and prepress.

Again, welcome!

Hi All,

I am Asif Qazi. 14 years experience in the printing industry as a press operator and technician. Installed many Heidelbergs in my City. Recently I have joined a pressroom chemical and ink supplier as a service technician.
Learning new things everyday. Learned alot from printplanet and colorprintingforum.com. Both are great forums.

Best Regards,
Asif Qazi
Karachi, Pakistan
+923452166926

Hi,

My name is Paolo, I am from Italy,
I have had many years of experience in the graphic / typographic field, now since 10 years in a CAD / Architect field.
I am also a Mac programmer and making the most of my experiences, I have developed a little app named FitPlot that collected few but good reviews from people as you in this forum.
So I'm here to get your effectual feedback / suggestions / critics.

My name is Brian Bowland.
I live and work in Southern California.
I am the National Sales Manager for Great Western Foils, Inc. We are a hot stamping foil supplier with over 550 stock products.
If you are having a foil issue, looking for a foil for a particular job or just need some questions answered about the interaction of foil to substrates, I am glad to help.
866-478-3645

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi my name is Zev

I work for a digital printing company in Brooklyn NY,
Mostly I work on Canon Imagepress C7010VP,
Oce' Verio print 110'
My specialty is colors

Hi - this is Steve Cameron!

The newest kid on your block... well actually a block some way away.

I'm an Englishman who has been based in southern Spain for the past 28 years (that's what happens if you marry a Spaniard - you have been advised), and I've been involved in print pretty much since the day I arrived.

For the past 8 years or so I have been running my own print brokerage with a specific intention - to offer a truly pan-European service. We have an ever expanding network of printers across Europe who can offer a range of print solutions from short run quick turnaround digital right up to long run high end rotary work.

Many of our clients are based in the US and Canada. They are often print suppliers themselves with clients who develop a need for European printing. It may be that they open offices here, it may be that they are attending a trade show. All have a need for something to be delivered in Europe and face a number of obstacles. The easy solution is printing in the US with their regular supplier and then shipping, but the cost of shipping can be prohibitive and the risk of materials being stuck in customs can be a massive worry. Then there is the carbon footprint. Shipping halfway across the world is rarely going to be a solution.

That's the gap we fill. We offer a single point of contact (with a US telephone number - 858 70 PRINT) and access to printers across the continent in English. We oversee projects from files to delivery and aim to be the "go to" guys for anyone with a European print requirement.

I'm hoping to make a worthwhile contribution to the forum and getting to meet some of you, albeit virtually, to discuss the industry.

Steve

Hi Guys

I am new to the wide format business and in the deep end with an Epson 9900 for my troubles

i have a small photography business (amongst other things)

hope to gain vast amounts of experience and general helping each other out with our difficulties and experiences here

Jody

Last edited:
Hi, I'm a graphic designer/prepress operator in Québec, Canada.
I started in a commercial printing place, then to newspapers, and now doing labels on a digital press and loving it!

Welcome! Isabelle! I know you will enjoy this blog. I have found a lot of good and helpful information here. I am a prepress/designer in Arkansas with 41 years under my belt.

Hi there everyone!

My name is Devin and I am currently based in Rwanda (East Africa) where I run a small Print/Publishing/Marketing/Design company called Bloo Books. Our aim is to develop the local publishing industry and help catalyze the culture of reading by making affordable books available in Kinyarwanda (the local language), English, and French. The absence of a strong reading culture coupled with the fact that approximately 80% of the 11 million people here engage in subsistence agriculture (growing crops for their own consumption) means that selling books is even more difficult here than the rest of the world.
Therefore, we have had to adapt to offer printing, marketing, and design services in order to stay solvent while we wait for the market to develop.

Most sincerely,
Devin

Last edited:
Hi Folks,

I'm Dana, and I'm a Jill-of-all-trades in digital at a commercial printer in regional NSW, Au. I have no press background, but through a convoluted path starting at Industrial Mathematics and going through Education IT support, I ended up in digital print work from the late '90s on.

I mainly run a Ricoh 7110x and my job is pretty evenly divided between production on the Ricoh and PDF wrangling. I feel fortunate to work in a place where we do a little of everything. Mad times :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back