Issue with Stretched Canvas Prints

printmiss

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing this problem. I print my photography on canvas and I also provide giclee printing on canvas. I use Parrot High Performance Matte Canvas. A few weeks after stretching the canvas prints begin to sag and I need to restretch the canvas.

Any thoughts or ideas welcome.

did you try to contact the manufacturer of canvas or change the stock? Where do you keep the prints, it may be a temperature / humidity issue? How is the canvas stretched and fixed - this may influence the tightness of it. Just my thoughts...

how are you stretching them and what sort of wood are you using? Canvas wont loose its stretch that much to sag if stretched correctly. its the wood shrinks usually. we use stretching bars and kiln dried wood which eliminates the wood shrinking and the stretcher bars give a good even tension across the whole canvas

If you are using canvas made from cotton it's possible the tension goes away. The cotton has a good strech. Different tempeture of wood and cotton can make it loose.
You can get at the strecherbar seller some wedges you mount the wedge into the strecherbar. Just tap it with a hammer and your canvas is restreched

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back