It's me again NCR issue

TLawrence

Here is what the work order calls for. 3-part two sided, two color.

I only have one side of the press working.

SO.....
  • Ran back side first no issue
  • Ran Front side no issue
  • switched to color

Now when I am running front side up with color I am getting what looks like marks from the feed rollers. I cleaned the two rollers and double checked everything.

I am also getting the front side image on the blanket when I am running the color. So i know another long hard to follow post hehehe.

If i had to guess I'd say the ink isn't dry enough to put it back through the press yet. Wind the sheets and let them sit for a bit then try again.

If i had to guess I'd say the ink isn't dry enough to put it back through the press yet. Wind the sheets and let them sit for a bit then try again.

I'd agree with that.

Try and learn to set your rollers, so as you put it "both sides work".

You may also want to check your pressure between the blanket and impression cylinder. Too much pressure may cause even mostly dry ink to offset.

We have the same problem on 3 part using our color copier. The only parts that mark are the canary and pink. The white is fine. This is because the roller is grabbing the paper and is actually smudging the carbonless "ink" when it grabs the sheet.

Check your nip pressures @ feeder, infeed and blanket to imp cyl. Also check your spider wheels or whatever you have at the delivery. Is the non printing unit completely silenced? CF, CFB, and CB papers have silicone impregnated in them. Is your ink compatible with that type of paper? Cobalt dryer in your ink maybe and/or dryer in your fountain solution? If you have an IR dryer I'd use it on low. Will help.

I believe the ink wasn't try enough. thanks everyone for the help. I am slowly learning over here I promise that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back