J75 HiCap Stacker question....

jdiggy

Hi- I have a couple of DC5000's with HCS's and when you press the sample set button the next sheet or multiple sheets, if printing as a set, will goto the top tray. My J75 is not working the same way. Apparently, it will not send a sheet to the top if you are running just a single sheet, 1 sided or 2 sided. I'm told by tech it needs to be more than 1 sheet to work. How useless is this? Has anyone found a way to change this? Even when printing a 16pg book, which comprised of (4) 12x18" forms that I was running to stacker, after I press the button it takes a long time then eventually sends just the 1st spread to the top tray. Another useless event. Is the functionality of the stacker RIP dependent? I have a Freeflow on my J75. Creo on the 5000. The 5000 sends a sheet to the top right away for a single sheet run, or the very next complete set if running sets. Who wants to send a few thousand sheets to a stacker and not effectively be able to check integrity of prints throughout the run? I hope there is a way to fix this. Any insight on your experience is greatly appreciated.

I should clarify....I don't mean running just one sheet....but say 2000 of same "one" sheet to the stacker. DC5000 stacker; I can hit sample button at any point and the next sheet goes to top tray for quality check. That does not happen on the J75. Anyone else have a HCS on J75?

Hi- I have a couple of DC5000's with HCS's and when you press the sample set button the next sheet or multiple sheets, if printing as a set, will goto the top tray. My J75 is not working the same way. Apparently, it will not send a sheet to the top if you are running just a single sheet, 1 sided or 2 sided. I'm told by tech it needs to be more than 1 sheet to work. How useless is this? Has anyone found a way to change this? Even when printing a 16pg book, which comprised of (4) 12x18" forms that I was running to stacker, after I press the button it takes a long time then eventually sends just the 1st spread to the top tray. Another useless event. Is the functionality of the stacker RIP dependent? I have a Freeflow on my J75. Creo on the 5000. The 5000 sends a sheet to the top right away for a single sheet run, or the very next complete set if running sets. Who wants to send a few thousand sheets to a stacker and not effectively be able to check integrity of prints throughout the run? I hope there is a way to fix this. Any insight on your experience is greatly appreciated.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back