Jetplate Conversion available now

I just spoke to Mike at Xpressjet because I needed to order some maint fluid and I wanted to know what the future holds re: the Craftsman plates. I've been trying to talk myself into buying a new system to replace the Jetplate and I AM SO GLAD I TALKED TO HIM.

They have a new plate available that uses STANDARD EPSON INKS. No more expensive marker fluid. No more developing-you turn the conveyor belt off and you just put the plate into the pre-bake for a couple of minutes. You don't need to buy a new system-just convert to ink (you can buy that anywhere) and buy the new plates from Xpressjet Phone: (813) 932 – 0876. The plates are more expensive but NO MORE FLUID, NO MORE DEVELOPER, NO MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE HEAT OR BRUSH ROLLER IN THE PROCESSOR.

He will have turnkey systems available around $10,000 but if you already have a Jetplate you don't need that. I am so glad I made that phone call.

Disclaimer:
I am a small commercial printer and I've been using Jetplate since the first generation. I currently have a 7600 and with the information I just received, I won't need to buy a new system, saving me thousands I don't have. I have no connection to Xpressjet or Jetplate other than I've been a customer. Former employees with grudges should be taken for what they are. I've fired people before and they usually don't speak too highly of me either.

Lets try this again...

Lets try this again...

Disclaimer:
Former employees with grudges should be taken for what they are. I've fired people before and they usually don't speak too highly of me either.

The new Xpressjet system has the same issues that the original system had, low quality, low run length, slow plate reproduction, slow plate production, head clogging (Although with Epson ink you should be able to clear them, of course you are wasting expensive ink to do this). The fact that XpressJet has the same management personel as the old JetPlate company, minus the individuals that developed the machine and made the machine compete with the "Big-boys" with everyone else trying to catch up, I hold no grudes as a former employee of this part of the industry, but lets be fair to all. The same issues with the old company are resident with the new company..

The fact here is if you are looking to buy a good system, then buy from a reputable company or stick with laser...

Good news for all you JetPlate owners!

Good news for all you JetPlate owners!

Very soon there will finally be an alternative, David West, the originator of the first fluids based on the Kodak Crafstman elite plate, has entered into the beta phase of the IBF n2000 plate and has been testing a much better fluid for the craftsman plate if you currently have a stock of them. Your systems, if working, will be able to convert over to the new plate relatively easy with a head flush and fluid change. The temps will remain the same and the chemicals in the processor will change to the manufacturer recommended chemicals. Dave has posted in another part of this site. Contact Dave with any questions. :D

Another Solution

Another Solution

JetPlate basically left us high and dry -
I would consider another solution and that
is to try PoliJets product - it is not metal but it will work with any epson printer -
call Liam Clarke 814-414-0026

[email protected]

VIM-JT Direct Plate

VIM-JT Direct Plate

other than the press report quoting Boise State University results has anybody seen or used the JT-plate system?
I was interested as it uses the newer epsons with standard pigment inks
Edwin
www.image2output.com

Last edited:
I would not use JetPlate if I were you - we spent over 50 grand and had nothing but bad support -
and as of this point I am unable to return it -
the guy is a major crook -
you can use polijet on any epson -software is 500.00
If you need metal try Glunz & Jenson or if you need long runs you want to try something proven.

Im confused by the answer- I dont think this is the same company this is a processless inkjet system that uses the standard inks in the newer epsons and only requires baking ?
the jetplate system looks very different
edwin

xpressjet used to be jetplate - I am not a former employee but one of many customers
that was basically ripped off - so I would not use this company no manner what they
call themselves.

Let's talk fair

Let's talk fair

Maybe Mike can contact all the unhappy owners of the Jetplate systems and give them a free conversation for what his company has done to them! I would love to actually be able to dust my un-usable system off and start earning money from it.

I just spoke to Mike at Xpressjet because I needed to order some maint fluid and I wanted to know what the future holds re: the Craftsman plates. I've been trying to talk myself into buying a new system to replace the Jetplate and I AM SO GLAD I TALKED TO HIM.

They have a new plate available that uses STANDARD EPSON INKS. No more expensive marker fluid. No more developing-you turn the conveyor belt off and you just put the plate into the pre-bake for a couple of minutes. You don't need to buy a new system-just convert to ink (you can buy that anywhere) and buy the new plates from Xpressjet Phone: (813) 932 – 0876. The plates are more expensive but NO MORE FLUID, NO MORE DEVELOPER, NO MORE PROBLEMS WITH THE HEAT OR BRUSH ROLLER IN THE PROCESSOR.

He will have turnkey systems available around $10,000 but if you already have a Jetplate you don't need that. I am so glad I made that phone call.

Disclaimer:
I am a small commercial printer and I've been using Jetplate since the first generation. I currently have a 7600 and with the information I just received, I won't need to buy a new system, saving me thousands I don't have. I have no connection to Xpressjet or Jetplate other than I've been a customer. Former employees with grudges should be taken for what they are. I've fired people before and they usually don't speak too highly of me either.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back