JetPlate

jinthebay

Does anyone know if JetPlate is still in business? I've heard many people say that they were unable to log into their remote assistance. Phone calls and emails go unanswered. Just curious.

Hi,

I just spoke to Jetplate to order some plates and chemicals. Phone was answered promptly and some items they said were in stock and some they would check and give me a delivery date. I had emailed them but my email ended in their junk email box (you've gotta love computers).

Of course this doesn't prove they're not having problems, so I think I'll stock up on consumables just in case!

How do you guys like your jetplate system?

We are thinking of getting one this year, but waiting to see what happens with the economy and if we can afford it. We are still going to film.

So far so good...

So far so good...

We're just moving from film to Jetplate. Our film processor sprang so many leaks I decided I'd rather put my money into ctp rather than try to keep my old setup going. We're still learning but the quality looks good. Areas that I am trying to come to terms with are:
  • Water on the presses is coloring blue quickly, may need to adjust fount.
  • Takes a while to work out positioning on the plates, especially when you have a bleed and are trying to use every last bit of the plate area.
I've also learnt that if you don't tighten the spray tubes, they move and the developer or pre-bake goes everywhere!:eek:

I'll let you know how we get on.

I would consider Polijets product which will work with any epson printer -
you have to use regular ink - it is not metal but give this guy a call he is very helpful -
Call Liam Clarke 814-414-0026
[email protected]

Don't buy a toy.

Don't buy a toy.

Inkjet CTP has it's place and I believe that place is printing 2 color forms and line work. I have several customers out here in CA who purchased units and either threw them away or pushed it aside and bought something else wasting their investment. I don't know anyone using them successfully...for now, until the technology is more stable go with a Polyester or Metal CTP and save yourself a lot of headaches and and money. We looked into being a dealer for inkjet CTP but found so many unhappy users we didn't do it.

The problem is that America has gotten so cheap. Penny wise and pound foolish. Most printers have forgotten the notion that "you get what you pay for" or "if it's too good to be true, it is..." I am so tired of printers calling me for a CTP but don't want to spend over $10K...forget it! It's not going to happen!

I understand not wanting to spend $100K on a new system...but you need to spend at least $25K for Poly or Violet and $35K for Thermal, something good with install and a warranty...We offer great used CTPs around the same price as a new PlateJet or iCTP from G&J. Stick with the name brands like SCREEN etc. something that is still being supported by the manufacturer or an independent with service and parts... don't buy a toy but if you do, you get what you pay for...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back