KM 1050/1051 envelopes

rtesta

I have a customer that has a KM 1050 and a 1051. Their sales rep said it would print envelopes without any problems. I wanted to see if anyone has had success with the 105X series printing envelopes. I don't believe it is supported, but works with certain settings.

The only reason that a 1050 would not feed an envelope is because of the double sheet feed sensor that is standard on all Pro models. Sadly lacking in many other manufactuers products. However a recent firmware upgrade has enabled this feature to be activated and deactivated via the user screen. The problem with envelopes is that they contain air, that air is squeezed to one end in the print process and has no where to escape so you get creased envelopes. This is for ANY machine with a fuser.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back