KM 6500/6501 VS Canon imagepress 6000

I checked out the KM HC at TPE and concur the "orange" was amazing - clever guys at KM. Rumours are that the HC will be approx 30% more expensive than a standard 6501 - is it 30% better - I dont know - the quality off the standard 6501 is very good and I think you may have to have a specific contract to make it worthwhile......

Hi

What does an Imagepress 6000 exactly cost?

I know the listprice, but that's too expensive..

thx

what ever you can get away with?.

The whole negoatiation thing pisses me off - think they should have standard price for presses....akin to new cars

6000 - ive heard of deals ranging between £70 - 100k

New cars..... it's more like used cars! I like the ones who come in pairs, salesman and manager, salesman starts to talk and then the manager takes over. Classic, but you gotta learn to play the "game". Don't get pissed, you need to get another vendor involved and play one against the other, piss them off!

Haha, lately I've been rating them like this.

Real Estate salesmen
Used Car salesmen
Life insurance salesmen
Printer salesmen
Shark droppings.

I know, harsh on shark droppings.

Quick question: Does the 6501 print all supported stocks at rated speed, or does it slow down on the heavier stocks like the 6500 does?

Thanks

When I tested the KM they had lost of problems running thicker stock 10pt and even lesser weight and glossy stock (jamming/pluuing mutiple sheets) the canon did not have any problems and the color is very similar to one another...so we went with the canon as we need to run those stocks.

All the heavy weight stocks should be ran through the large capacity feeder so that the stock is not going through a pretty intense bend. If you run it through there there should be a lot less issues.

All the heavy weight stocks should be ran through the large capacity feeder so that the stock is not going through a pretty intense bend. If you run it through there there should be a lot less issues.

That's what they told me but at the time they could not prove it as the large capacity feeder was not working. If I remember correctly, they had some parts on order for it. This was at a demo site so if they can't even keep the equipment working there what kind of service will the end users get. Those that sell these devices need to understand it's more about the service than the machines, as they are all very similar. If you don't have good service you will end up disappointing customers and they will go some place else. As most digital printers are glorified copiers that need lots of service.

Last edited:
We are using KM 6500 for six month and it looks good with thick papers. We mostly prints business cards on 300gsm paper using duplex option and it works. 300gsm caoted glossy paper can be printed on double side althouth it is not mention officially. With experience we are able to adjust registration within seconds. Regarding KM 6501, wait if possible.

Rated speed on 6501...

Rated speed on 6501...

I am trying to remember what the Konica rep told us when we were looking at these copiers. Does the rated speed slow down on the 6501 if you run 220 - 300 gsm through the drawers? Does it slow down when you duplex? Our Xerox rep said that the 5000 ran at rated speed on the heavier stock, but I don't remember what the results were on the 6501. Anyone know where I could find what it does on heavier stocks? THANKS!

I am trying to remember what the Konica rep told us when we were looking at these copiers. Does the rated speed slow down on the 6501 if you run 220 - 300 gsm through the drawers? Does it slow down when you duplex? Our Xerox rep said that the 5000 ran at rated speed on the heavier stock, but I don't remember what the results were on the 6501. Anyone know where I could find what it does on heavier stocks? THANKS!

The c6500 goes roughly half speed on heavier stocks like other machines in this segment. The 5000 also slows down but the 5000AP does not although I hear this is to some determent to the gloss finish.

6501 rated speeds...

6501 rated speeds...

Thanks. We have a branch office in Chicago that is looking for a new color machine and was asking about our research that we did. We ended up with the 700 but they are being pushed hard by the local Konica branch. They do a lot of heavy stocks and one question that came up was the speed. Xerox gave me a chart that showed the Konica 6501 ran coated 210gsm stock at 34ppm vs. 51ppm on the 5000. This branch does about 2 million pages a year so they think they might have to bite the bullet and go with something in the production line from Xerox. They loved the print quality of the Konica but they are afraid that it won't be able to keep up with their demand that they will put on the machine. I wanted to verify the print speeds on the heavier stocks before telling them. Most of the color output is solid fill and a lot of Microsoft applications...nothing graphic that requires a 'gloss' finish. We want the branch to do whatever they want so long as they have all of the info that we can give them...besides what Xerox and Konica are out there telling them.

Thanks for your help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back