KM C7000 vs RICOH C751EX

we have had our 651 for a week and here are a few things I have noticed

8.5x11 register is a good as I would expect from a "digital press". most of the time + or - .2 mm, but really very good . text and cover.
it does have a head stop like a press sort of. but anything longer than 13 inches or so is still coming out of the wlct when "registered" this area needed to be longer. I have tried 12 x 18 60# grained short the front end was pretty close but the back was bouncing( skewed) upto 2 mm. same thing with 12x18 label stock. we did purchase some digital 12x18 100# cover that I have yet to run enough of to check skewing. I hope to get some grained long70# and try it 12x18 or 13x19 to see how that goes.
but even portrait feed presses have tail whip issues on long stock.
the old km5500 laid down a denser black to my eye. no spectro on that.

also toner is an issue. I have yet to get a cyan toner. one week and counting. got the black in 2 days. yellow and magenta 5 days.

Last edited:
rbailleu, back when the earthquake & tsunami hit Japan all vendors supplies were constrained roughly 3-6 afterwards. At that time we did experience a brief toner supply shortage. At the moment however there are no such issues. I would contact your sales rep and put them to task. That is what my accounts would do and also what I would expect of them.

Hi we are in the same situation and have trialled the Ricoh, Canon and Xerox. We currently have a KM. Very impressed with the Ricoh although only duplexes to 256gsm but registration is excellent where as the Xerox 700I was excellent also and will duplex 300 gsm and has fantastic technology to allow for skewing alterations, if required. I cant comment on the KM c7000 as we have not trialled it but we are definately favouring the Xerox for all round capabilites and print finish.

You are correct that on the C751 duplexing is only supported up to 256 gsm. However, on the machine you do have the option to do 300 gsm. I have many placements of this unit and have seen one customer do 356 gsm. I have never seen any issue with any of these units doing 300 gsm. You might also want to consider the fact that this unit does envelopes in the trays and can print oversize up to 13" x 24" through the multi-bypass. Again you won't find those details in the spec sheet but I could point you to any of my customers who have the unit and are utilizing those features.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back