KM C8000 Line indents on coated paper

Have you recently switched from running a large amount of a smaller size paper and then switched to larger? I sometimes get this when I switch from large runs of 11x17 cover to 12x18 text. It's a grove physically worn into the fusing belts, not much you can do about it but have a tech change the belts.

I hope this isn't an issue. Just bought an 8000, installing next week. That said. Almost all of the parts that would leave those marks are now user interchangeable. Contact your rep about getting a 2nd fuser if its an issue.

I have a 2nd fuser, I'm "not allowed" to change it yet, per my service contract. That's not to say I wouldn't do it on a Saturday morning with work to run....

Try running Fusing Refresh Mode: Adjustment>Execute Adjust Operation>Fusing Refresh Mode. Make note of on screen caution about running this adjustment too often.

Without knowing any details about the substrate it's hard to say that this "shouldn't be an issue". Ask your rep for a media guide, it is very detailed and should help point you in the direction of whether it's a substrate or a machine issue. All the above recommendations were solid so do all of those as well, and I have one other thing to try if you still see marks.

For purposes of this description I'll assume it's not a substrate issue and that all the aformentioned adjustments haven't helped. One other adjustment that may help is changing the compression switch on the fusers. Each fuser has a 3 step (I beleive both are 3, the second fuser may be a 2 step) hard switch to adjust compression. Once you have the media guide, there will be a matrix in there that will give you the exact compression combinations by substrate, but once you get up to a decent weight they will both be set on the "Release" position, so this may help to see if it alleviates the indents you're speaking about. The switch can be found on the outside of the assembly on the left side looking at the machine. If you don't see it immediatley, open the jam clearance area on the fuser to expose the nip belts you will see it directly on the face of the component that hinges, but you can access it while it is closed. Each position is marked by 1 dot, 2 dots, or 3 dots and the more dots, the lower the compression - so both switches set to the position with the most dots will be the release position. Set both to the Release position and see if this alleviates the issue. If not send me a PM and provide more detail about the substrate and the exact indent marks (position on the page, shape, consistency, etc) and I can do some investigating.

Thanks for all the help

We have done some ajustments on the fusers and it seems to have workes the C8000 is now printing exceptionally.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back