km6501 and creo - printing problem

klsh

Hi!
I couldn't find any related posts, so there's new thread, and I hope that maybe (BIG maybe) someone had similiar problems.
I have a customer who bought KM6501 (in Develop) with IC-304 Creo Controller. The problem appears when he want to print something for example on 300 g/m2 from 1st tray - the controller prints it on plain paper from other tray. It looks that it doesn't remember settings. KM answer was to make a virtual printer on Creo server for each job.
Is there any solutions for this problem? I have tought that Creo is like a Mercedes among other controllers, it looks that it is not...

We had lots of Creo patches to the software, sounds like you're missing some.
Currently:
IC-304_V2.0SP1_0135

Well problem number one is you can only feed 300gsm from a LCT, bypass or tray 5 and in face up mode. It is possible to print regardless of your creo settings but that would involve user intervention.

The current creo version is 2.1.

Well problem number one is you can only feed 300gsm from a LCT, bypass or tray 5 and in face up mode. It is possible to print regardless of your creo settings but that would involve user intervention.

The current creo version is 2.1.

Yeah,my mistake, of course I know that, I didn't describe the problem properly. So there it is:
when you are setting the job in creo - setting the tray, paper weight, etc. it prints on normal, plain paper, which is in one of trays (it doesn't matter which)- creo does not remember this settings. Here are all the updates that are installed:

IC-304_v2.1
Date: September 10, 2009

DEX_Localization_Patch 28-Dec_2009
Spot_Handling_2_Patch 26-Jan_2010
Calibration-Info-V2.1 22-Sep-2009
Import_Profile_Patch 15-Sep-2009
Scan_Lines 22-Sep-2009
DEX-VPS-V2_1 22-Sep-2009
Export_PDF_Patch 21-Sep-2009
Slim_Text_Patch 26-Oct-2009
RipNT_Patch 26-Oct-2009
12647-8_ISO_Patch 02-Nov-2009
VPS_RIP_Patch 09-Nov-2009
Preserve_Black_Patch 16-Nov-2009
PDF_Optimization_Patch 23-Nov-2009
Delete_Scan_Patch 24-Nov-2009

Here is all the info that I have, probably it is updated properly.

when you choose the tray to print from. try clicking force tray on the creo... this should stop it printing from any other tray.......

when you choose the tray to print from. try clicking force tray on the creo... this should stop it printing from any other tray.......

ok, I'll have to try that.
From what we heard from KM, the solution was to create a virtual printer on creo server for EACH job. This is actually quite silly solution, besides the customer want to print from Windows Photo Wizard, he is not really interested in printing directly from ex. Illustrator, or Corel. We tried to check this problem by not printing from Win Photo Wizard, but directly from Illustrator, but the problem remains.

I don't think Delete_Scan_Patch 24-Nov-2009 is for version 2.1 but anyway, you can force the tray and I agree the VP solution is stupid and your vendor should be shot. I would be checking the APS media setting. This tells the machine which paper types it can auto tray switch. If all stocks and all weights are selected then yeah, it will go for the lightest weight and plain paper.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back