KM8000 Dot overspray issue

PaulK

I have a question for anyone using a KM 8000 Bizhub. We just had one installed and when we are running jobs with a smaller font size, say 10 pt. or smaller, the resolution is just terrible. The toner dots are sloppy around the edges, making the type look almost smudged or out of focus to the naked eye. Under a glass, it's even worse. I have been running Xerox machines for the last 4 years and never had this problem. The best way to describe it is on our Xerox machines, the type is a nice, clean, sharp edge, like a marker on gloss stock. With the Konica, it's like a shotgun blast has created the type.

We have run multiple tests, on multiple stocks, uncoated, coated, cover, text weight, same result. Pure black type prints perfect, exactly the way it should. Any type of color though, registration black, spot converted to cmyk, etc. gets wacked out.

Another issues we are having is that any white type that is surrounded by color has this over-spray fill, so that it almost looks dirty inside the type. We showed this to the sales rep and the tech and have yet to get a clear explanation as to why this is happening. As the operator of the machine, I'm left wondering if this is some inherent flaw in all of the machines the way it prints, or is this something that can be resolved or fixed with ours. I have never seen this issue from another machine. We have the Fiery graphic arts package, and I have literally tried EVERY setting under the sun to resolve this, and it all comes out the same. The only setting in the Fiery which had any effect, was using toner reduction along with the stochastic setting, but this COMPLETELY wacked out the colors.

Any advice or tips from the guru's on this forum is greatly appreciated!

Witch rip do you have? We have the same problem on X-1000 with EFI Fiery System 10.We allso have KM-8000 With EFI Fiery Sistem 9 and there is everything perfect.

I've had the same issue on a KM6000.
I found changing the density on the machine helped remove the overspray issue.

Got into Utility -> Administrator Settings -> System -> Expert Adjustment -> Process Adjustment -> Maximum Density Adjustment and change the density. I found increasing only the Magenta removed all the overspray and dirty background.

For whatever the reason that seemed to work for us.

We are using a Fiery PRO80 80C-KM PS Color Server 3.0

Fiery FS100 Pro, Graphic Arts Package - Premium Edition.

Command Workstation 5.4

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back