Kodak MatchPrint v3.2.2

PG_Tom

My Kodak Matchprint Controller "Dell Optiplex 755" died on me afew weeks back.
Ive been printing proofs on the Epson Stylus Pro 9880, but need to get the Controller back up and running.

What is the process in restoring this system? I was not part of installing and setup of the machine, so I'm not quiet sure how it should be communicating with my Prinergy EVO workflow.

I have managed to re-image the computer with the disk supplied with the system.
I install the Kodak Proofer Client onto the machine, and installed the Epson Stylus 9880 printer drivers. The printer is connected via Network.

Is there a proceedure I should follow to setup the license, communications to Prinergy EVO?

Also, How do I add or create new Media Configuration for the stock I'm using. Its not Kodak matchprint stock, and I've been trying to Calibrate it using the Matchprint Pro Commercial SM235P media config, but always get an error when I finish color matching the stock I have.

Hope you can help!
Thanks

Hi!

At install, generally, a back up is made of the system to allow you to just load that will all your settings and license in place. This should be on the controller. And can be restored by going to the adminstrator window. It should show you the date of your last back up.

If you have completely re-ghosted the system from scratch, your back up will be gone. If you have just installed the s/w again it should still be there.

To re-instate the license, contact the response centre and they should be able to confirm the license key and ensure you are up and running.

Making a media configuraiton for a third party media requires that you have a license for this option for the s/w. otherwise the wizard won't work. To attempt to use a different media on a pre-supplied MC is not advised as the total ink limits, white point etc won't match thus causing calibration failures..it is tricky to try to substitute medias.

In terms of setting up with your workflow, go to eCentral to the documentation self support section and you can find product documentation that describes how to set up a process template for the release you are using. The doc should also be on the resource DVD of the s/w kit if you still have that handy.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back