komori`s maintenance

Alex Arriaza

im changing the preventive maintenance in both of the komori presses, one is a L428 age 92 and the other a L640 age 90, the preventive plan i have in my hands is completely useless, i want to start from scratch, but i have no time to analyze each single component on the press to estimate times for change oil, re grease etc. i still have the owner manuals of both komori`s but i cant trust them because of the age of the machine and the bad history of maintenance, so here is the question, does anyone can share some of their maintenance plans to show some light on my project?

thanks

Sure,here are a few of the things we perform on a weekly basis,

1)complete lubrication,grippres transfer and impression cylinders,all cam followers,delivery grippers and all points noted in the manual.
2)cleaning all filters,pump,spray main motor ect.
3)rejuvinating all rolletrs and checking form roller nips.
4)drain and flush all water tanks(if needed)
5)check all blankets and transfer covers.
6)blow out the delivery and wipe down the feed board

We run 24/7 and get a fair amount of time to complete these things,I'm sure I'm missing some things but this is a good start.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back