Konica Minolta C6501 color issues

Deadline Dreams

I currently have a vendor who is using a Konica Minolta C6501 printer to produce 2-sided four color inserts. The inserts feature full color images and a couple of boxes with red and black type on a grey background. The grey background is printing uneven, with streaks which causes the type to not look at sharp as it should.

I'm looking for suggestions to solve the grey box issue. The background is about 30% Black and we can't go any darker for fear that the copy will be unreadable. I'm hoping that we can get it to print even and smooth.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

Deadline dreams,

Try this setting on the machine:-

Utility -> Machine Admin Setting -> System Setting -> Expert Adjust -> Quality Adjust -> Custom screen -> set DOT2 pattern to type 2.

Then re-print your job using dot 2. This will produce a larger dot pattern, which will give you more even halftones. We switched to this screening a couple of months ago and haven't looked back. I do recommend recalibrating using dot 2 though.

Colormanagement settings

Colormanagement settings

I currently have a vendor who is using a Konica Minolta C6501 printer to produce 2-sided four color inserts. The inserts feature full color images and a couple of boxes with red and black type on a grey background. The grey background is printing uneven, with streaks which causes the type to not look at sharp as it should.

I'm looking for suggestions to solve the grey box issue. The background is about 30% Black and we can't go any darker for fear that the copy will be unreadable. I'm hoping that we can get it to print even and smooth.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you!

What controller are you using?
It is possibly to print this gray with color.
Use "'output GCR"' settings in you CMYK path.
And you do not have to change any thing on the engine to go to a type 2.
Just select in the driver or CWS dot2 or line1 or line2.
The colors will change if you have never calibrated the system on the screening.

Succes
Eric van der Kop

Change the gray to a CMYK mix of for example 10 8 8 20 should give a smoother gray (at the risk of hue variation, but you say legibility is the issue)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back