LED Image Control

mazengh

has anyone had the chance to try the new heidelberg LED Image control? can you please provide your feedback on this system? how long you've been using it?

I don't even think that's out in the states yet. Only Europe has those right know. I could be wrong though, that's what our rep told us.

We might check it out once they get one in the demo room.

Mike

I just tested LED Image Control last week. Huge difference on hardware side and very impressive. Looks very reliable and problem free. User interface is very similar to press center. Even it has a revolution on hardware side, software side still needs improvements. PPF file from Heidelberg workflow is a key to work. Without PPF many functions from previous version is not available like multicolor areas and copy image areas. By the way if there is PPF file available IC finds all measuring elements, homogenous areas and copy image areas automaticly and asks for your confirmation for follow up. Ofcourse I just saw current version software. They told new version software will be released and hopefully I will be able to test middle of March. When R&D finishs all necessery steps with software, device will be amazing.

feedback

feedback

do you have any feedback from the customers who are working on the demo units?

Many futures are missing in current version software and it is early to wait for feedback. At the moment Image Control is still under test. Together with new version software, Image Control will be released and expected time is April 2011. In my opinion who has PPF file from Heidelberg workflow will love new generation Image Control. It is still usefull for customers who works without Heidelberg PPF file but they will have to wait for next software upgrades to use some futures.

Many futures are missing in current version software and it is early to wait for feedback. At the moment Image Control is still under test. Together with new version software, Image Control will be released and expected time is April 2011. In my opinion who has PPF file from Heidelberg workflow will love new generation Image Control. It is still usefull for customers who works without Heidelberg PPF file but they will have to wait for next software upgrades to use some futures.

Could you please comment on what LED Image Control does. When I have done a search on it I have only got the printplanet posts. Thanks for any clarification you can give.

Could you please comment on what LED Image Control does. When I have done a search on it I have only got the printplanet posts. Thanks for any clarification you can give.

Heidelberg - Prinect Image Control

Hello Erik,
Link doesn't give details enough. Simply IC can control 4 different presses. It scans whole sheet not only color bar and uses every pixel for color control. It is able read minispots and export measured datas for curves correction. It can also read icc tests charts in 30 seconds (20 seconds with next generation) and export measured datas for profile creation. It can create working report; how many sheet pulled and scanned, what were the values, time, counter etc... it can also create a detailed qulity report from mini spots which compares lab values, dot gains acording to current standart.

Hope all these help for clarification. If you have a chance, visit a printing house which is working with IC.

Heidelberg - Prinect Image Control

Hello Erik,
Link doesn't give details enough. Simply IC can control 4 different presses. It scans whole sheet not only color bar and uses every pixel for color control. It is able read minispots and export measured datas for curves correction. It can also read icc tests charts in 30 seconds (20 seconds with next generation) and export measured datas for profile creation. It can create working report; how many sheet pulled and scanned, what were the values, time, counter etc... it can also create a detailed qulity report from mini spots which compares lab values, dot gains acording to current standart.

Hope all these help for clarification. If you have a chance, visit a printing house which is working with IC.

Thanks for the clarification. I have heard of the Prinect Image Control but the LED Image Control title was confusing.

I doubt Image Control would be applied to the Anicolor press but I could be wrong.

Anyhow, thanks again.

Thanks for the clarification. I have heard of the Prinect Image Control but the LED Image Control title was confusing.

I doubt Image Control would be applied to the Anicolor press but I could be wrong.

Anyhow, thanks again.

hello Erik,

Image Control NG will not apply to Anicolor. Anicolor has no ink zones.
The new Image Control has LED instead of xenon lamp, which will be much more reliable.
The new gen IC comes with the 19" touchscreen and has File card register for skipping unnecessary steps. CIP4-PPF based make ready for automatic detection of solid measuring patches.

hello Erik,

Image Control NG will not apply to Anicolor. Anicolor has no ink zones.
The new Image Control has LED instead of xenon lamp, which will be much more reliable.
The new gen IC comes with the 19" touchscreen and has File card register for skipping unnecessary steps. CIP4-PPF based make ready for automatic detection of solid measuring patches.

I kind of knew that the IC was not suitable. Not just because there are no keys but because the Anicolor should be much more predictable in printing the image than the conventional press.

Thanks for the clarification on the LED reference. Sounds like a good idea.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back