Linearization from i1Profiler (Publish Pro 2)

I used the internal linearization tool in i1Profiler to linearize/profile an output device. I now want to test some files using the profile. I would assume that I need to apply the same linearization data to my test files that was used to produce the profile. Does anyone know how I can get that linearization data into a format that can be plugged into an external RIP? I know I can export an xml file from the software, but it doesn't seem to have straight forward curve information in it.

Thanks in advance for any help,

BC

I just ran into this problem myself. From what I can find the i1 linearization is available if your rip doesn't support it or you are printing without a rip. One of the first questions i had when I started i1 linearization was where are the values so I can enter them in my rip? When I realized the values were not available to a mere mortal I didn't use it and did the linearization in the rip.

If anyone has discovered otherwise please let me now.

Thanks for the post, Larry. I still don't understand how you would even apply the linearization to a file if you aren't using a rip. I can see how you can apply it to a test chart for profiling, but there doesn't seem to be a way to apply it to any external/production files. Have you found a way to do that?

Once i realized I couldn't get the numbers I moved on but I think that the linearization becomes a part of the profile so that whenever you use the profile the linearization is included. The help file says if your rip includes a linearization you don't need to do it in i1.

I'm struggling with ink channel limits. Got to get those right before linearization and profiling to get good corrections. I sublimate on hard substrates and you get a dramatic saturation pop from the inks when you sublimate. Makes reading the patches difficult. Got any suggestions for that?

Thanks for the post, Larry. I still don't understand how you would even apply the linearization to a file if you aren't using a rip. I can see how you can apply it to a test chart for profiling, but there doesn't seem to be a way to apply it to any external/production files. Have you found a way to do that?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back