Marketing online printing business

Has anyone found the best way to get the word out for your printing business (when it is predominately found online)?

We are doing what we can with SEO and Adwords on Google, but has anyone come across other methods to really market your business online? any good sites out there that help promote you that don't cost and arm and a leg?

We are excited about this business and want everyone to know about our services... our website is: Blue Ink Monkey - Home and we provide all printing services with complete control for the customer to upload their files and order their printing services.

Wow, sounds like you're playing with the big boys- Vistaprint, Gotprint, 4over, etc., etc. Sounds like you have the online marketing thing down. Have you tried DRIVING customers to your website with direct mail? Go to this website- Quick Printing Business News, Features, Blog, Events from Quick Printing Magazine at QuickPrinting.com and look up Dave Fellman. He wrote an article about using direct mail to drive people to your website. You can get mailing lists from here- Mailers Haven - Consumer, Occupant, Business & Specialty Data for Mail Shops and Resellers They are trade only and have good prices with accurate lists. What works best for me though? Good old fashioned sales! By that, I mean getting out the door and meeting people.

Keith

My thoughts...
Google Adwords, Direct-Mail driving customers to the website with a coupon code, Cold calling and direct-mail to small/tiny operations that have to outsource a lot of work. Find the trade work first.

Maybe it's just me, but......

After looking at his website it appears to me to be just another internet printer trying to undercut every "local" shop out with low ball pricing, and crappy service. Good Luck with that, I hope it works for you!

Maybe it's just me, but......

After looking at his website it appears to me to be just another internet printer trying to undercut every "local" shop out with low ball pricing, and crappy service. Good Luck with that, I hope it works for you!

Craig

I could not agree more. Internet printers can in many cases provide low cost; but they never will be able to provide the customer with "Best Value" which is a combination of cost and service.

Web To Print Solutions

Web To Print Solutions

Rest assured, we are not a print shop. Our sole purpose as a SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY is to create a web to print solution to ease our customer, the printer. We provide solutions to printshops and printbrokers alike, but we ourselves are not a printshop. Give us a call, take a look at our website and see for yourselves!

EonCode Software Development :: Home of EonWorkflow™
310.424.2730 x.732
[email protected]

-Aaron

Rest assured, we are not a print shop. Our sole purpose as a SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY is to create a web to print solution to ease our customer, the printer. We provide solutions to printshops and printbrokers alike, but we ourselves are not a printshop. Give us a call, take a look at our website and see for yourselves!

EonCode Software Development :: Home of EonWorkflow™
310.424.2730 x.732
[email protected]

-Aaron

The comments were directed at the bluemonkey or whatever it is, NOT EonCode Software.

Has anyone found the best way to get the word out for your printing business (when it is predominately found online)?

We are doing what we can with SEO and Adwords on Google, but has anyone come across other methods to really market your business online? any good sites out there that help promote you that don't cost and arm and a leg?

We are excited about this business and want everyone to know about our services... our website is: Blue Ink Monkey - Home and we provide all printing services with complete control for the customer to upload their files and order their printing services.

Sounds like you have the online marketing thing down. Have you tried DRIVING customers to your website with direct mail marketing? You can get mailing lists from here- Mailers Haven - Consumer, Occupant, Business & Specialty Data for Mail Shops and Resellers. Good luck.:)

Have you joined your local chamber of commerce, and face book works also.
I run monthly specials on fb. I also created a data base and email aprox 3500 per month/
with specials. There is no right or wrong answer.i just keep it simple and i found nitch.
If you want, take a look at my web site www.rnrprrinting.net or on fb r & r printing.
Cold calling becomes an pain, your at the mercy of the other person's mood.
I would sit down and just list your strong points and then build from there.
From what i have found people like the one-on-one effect.
If you have any questions i will try to answer them.
I average about 250 hits per month and most people call me to ask if i am what my next monthly special is coming out.

Good luck

remember find what you offer and build on it.

Hey craig i have to say your rite,
i just looked at his web site. And his site is way to busy. And nothing stands out about it. At least 4 over is easy to read and your prices are not cheap.
All i have to say is find your market.

Good luck

There was this printer if you want to call him that, he was just blwoing up craigslist with crazy prices. I finally checked him out looking around his website. I then emailed him as I wanted to check out his shop seeing we were in the same town. I get the oh I am heading up the sales in this area and our plants are through the country so we can better service you etc etc etc. I go to his page for shipping info and coincidentally his plants were in Cali, Ohio, Texas, Miami, and NJ. Hmmmmm sound like someone with a website reselling 4over. Not quite sure how he can call himself a printer when he is 100% a print broker. I dont even think he even offers graphic design. Not sure what he does to allow him an acct with 4over. Sounds like this new redtag. With redtag they provide a website, they provide their online design studio, payment is handled etc etc all you need to do is market and get people to shop at your website.

Does anyone know which w2p solution this is?

Your comments on this forum, is that a marketing way that drives others' attention. It's amazing with your business scale! :)

There was this printer if you want to call him that, he was just blwoing up craigslist with crazy prices. I finally checked him out looking around his website. I then emailed him as I wanted to check out his shop seeing we were in the same town. I get the oh I am heading up the sales in this area and our plants are through the country so we can better service you etc etc etc. I go to his page for shipping info and coincidentally his plants were in Cali, Ohio, Texas, Miami, and NJ. Hmmmmm sound like someone with a website reselling 4over. Not quite sure how he can call himself a printer when he is 100% a print broker. I dont even think he even offers graphic design. Not sure what he does to allow him an acct with 4over. Sounds like this new redtag. With redtag they provide a website, they provide their online design studio, payment is handled etc etc all you need to do is market and get people to shop at your website.

we have exactly the same thing here, it sucks.

it's not redtag though, redtag is one website for every printer and they just get a commission

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back