Missing fonts on digital machines

PrePress Gal

We are having font issues on output of files on the digital machines with Fiery Rips. Nuvera 120, IGEN4s. Files are packaged and uploaded to uProduce, spool fine with no errors, but we seem to be having unexpected results on the printed piece. Looking like fonts are missing. Is this a common issue? I don't know what to fix on my files I send out to print if I can't find anything to fix. Files are fine until they print at digital.

Thanks

What kind of files, how are you checking them, what preflight routines do you run?

How do you know the fonts are correct before they rip?

What kind of files, how are you checking them, what preflight routines do you run?

How do you know the fonts are correct before they rip?

I apologize, it was late and I forgot where I was. Mac based, XMPie (uCreatePrint), Adobe Creative Suite 6, uploading files through uProduce Server. I don't really use a preflight "routine". I generally flatten most of my background art to minimize transparency issues and then we are imprinting variable data, so there are usually not a lot of fonts involved. Of course we do check the file for any issues before exporting and uploading to the server. I can download and distill the postscript files and they look and print fine on a copy machine, but when they get to the Xerox machines, we are having unexpected issues.

You really should have a formalized preflight process. Having said that I'd be curious to see some sample files. Maybe there's someone at the Fiery group I can get in touch with to help get this fixed. If you send me a PM with your contact info I can see what I can do to help.

Are the fonts that are dropping in a placed PDF into the InDesign file by any chance? I've had issues with XMPie where it will crash fonts in placed PDF's. Live fonts in the actual InDesign file always work - it's just placed PDF's I've had problems with (and the fonts were embedded in the PDF's correctly).

As a workaround I've outlined the fonts in the PDF's with pitstop before placing them.

i cant remember, but does the fiery rip have an emulate font option in it? or a fail if font not found?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back