Need help for Avantra30 problem

moradnet

Thanks for own of this forum and all members..
I have Agfa Avantra30 Imagesetter.. during last year good working with out any

problems,
but on this week found problem on the dot screen appears white lines on the

middle of dots !..:(
I checked the carriage and spin motor but all ok, also no any error message

appear on the touch screen.
I attach sample of problem with this post..
Please help me for repair this problem.
thanks a lot..

Attachments

• Avantra30 problem.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 278
Maybe spinner motor or interface have problem

Maybe spinner motor or interface have problem

HI,I have see yours pic

Frist pls output test files in yours Av30 don't connect yours rip.The files in yours Av30,if it is OK,yours Av30 not problem,if it is same as problem,then yours Av30 spinner motor have problem

if output test files no problem,pls check yours Pc interface ,

good Luck

There is not a Spinner encoder problem because that problem causes an image shift or black-white line transition effects.
We see just empty lines when the Laser is OFF, not the BOL (Beginning Of Line) migration.
There could be bad conact in the flex cable plug at the carriage or grey flat cable to LDM for instance, and tonns of other reasons, including main (DEC) board problem, Laser Driver Module etc.
None of AGFA Servicemen can diagnose the problem remotely...
Anayma is right with his suggestion to output AGFA internal exposure test! If no lines appeared - check APIS cable and RIP interface (AGFA PAC/UPAC) board.

Last edited:
Thanks for all..

The machine test 4dpi result ok no problem. but any job from Rip (Xitron Rip) happen this problem.!
I did try to use Agfa Apogee PDF Rip with new APIS cable but the problem also still found.

Imagesetter info:
Agfa Avantra30 with OLP, Xitron Rip0.7

Kindly I will wait for any idea it will help me for repair this problem.

Thanks a lot..

The dec board fautly,u should repairs,VladCanada say comfired,But I hopr u can change 75LS192,193,4-PCS

Same problem

Same problem

hi

I have same problem but not exactly same. I attach the pdf file for problem. Last 1 month i am getting this problem, some times working well. I am using harlequin 5.3 Rip with Highwater (HW776) PCI card. I was thinking i am getting problem by cable and i changed the cable exactly same avantra 44 cable. and i still get the problem. but times when i touch PCI card and Main card in machine some times was working. i have one PCI card asswell i am thinking to try PCI card asswell but i havent got driver for it. i get it from one of my friend he was using avantra 44 and its breakdown now. i get that machine card and cable but he lost the driver cd. and i dont know what make and model of the card. Ä°f any body knows and has the driver please help me.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.JPG
    IMG_0192.JPG
    150.2 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0193.JPG
    IMG_0193.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0194.JPG
    IMG_0194.JPG
    107.8 KB · Views: 208
  • agfa avantra 30E problem.jpg
    agfa avantra 30E problem.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 279
Here is AGFA PAC board which works with AGFA RIPs ONLY!
Do not try to use it with Harlequin or other non-AGFA RIPs - will not work!

boss i have the dongle for this card asswell just i need the software. and have you seen the my picture of problem, yesterday i take out battery from dec board and my machine start to work properly.

I can not see the last picture (possible error when uploaded).
Think twice why DEC board has a battery!?
To keep some data at NVRAM!

1. DONGLE - is a part of SW but not PAC board, that means your dongle can not be suitable for every AGFA RIP.
2. I don't have installer CDs for AGFA RIP, sorry.

Last edited:
HI , I am sorry I did forget this note in first post:
The result of solid 100% contain white horizontal lines,Attach sample of problem.

I did replace 3 chips 75ALS193 and one chip 75ALS192 all this chips found up side from APIS port on DEC according to Advice from Mr.VladCanada and Mr.Anayma. but the problem still found..!:(

I distrust that MC1648 chip, or max9690 maybe damaged, but this chips is not found in local shops, what the equivalent for this chips?. and are that chips can lead to this problem?
If found any idea it will help me for repair this problem with out replace chips please advice me.

Thanks a lot..

Attachments

• Avantra30 solid100.pdf
    248.4 KB · Views: 219
Last edited:
If Max9690 has the date of production other than 9521 - dont replace it.
In your case that looks like the problem we had at the start of Avantras production: wrong codes in FPGA chip at Carriage Sensor board, but that problem was resolved from Av25 serial number 235.

I had no more ideas except Carriage board.

If you need a real help - call experienced serviceman to visit your site.
I think it's hard to fix your problem at forum and free of charge.
Bye now.

Sir,
Can you "estimate" the distance between these white lines ?
Is it always the same ? Does it change when you change resolution ?
This is a typical output for a cable where 1 of the data lines is broken.
Avantra uses 8 bits of data , so I expect the distance between the lines to be around 80 microns when you run at 2400 dpi.
With my little experience, I would check the APIS cable.
I have no experience with the mentioned IC´s.
Regards.
W

Hi,

I don´t think this problem ( from the pdf file ) is caused by the carriage board.
The video signal that is send to the carriage is already a "serial" line. The artifact looks like a problem with 1 off the paralell lines.
So I stick to my previous guess. A missing APIS bit , probably caused by the cable.

W

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back