Need Opinion

gailkeys

Hi everyone,

I use one of HP's multifunctional printers, and I am happy with the product.
It is just that I feel exploited when it comes to replacing ink cartridge. I don't use it much, just ones or twice every month.
My younger son has found one weird way to extract some more prints out of cartridges. He simply puts them inside oven for five seconds, shakes them and inserts them back in the machine. Miraculously, it starts working!
I just want to know if this is safe or not? I mean, the ink simply dries up as printer is not in use, and he just heats it up a bit.

Thanks in advance.

I often use a hairdryer to warm up toner cartridges to extend their life. Maybe that would be a better method than the oven since you would have less chance of melting any plastic parts.

Hello gailkeys,

What your son is doing, is not safe! Ask him to stop doing that immediately! Every month, at-least one incident involving microwave oven blast is reported in the United States. The oven can prove to be just like any time bomb if you try to warm up wrong materials.
I agree that your printer’s ink cartridge might dry up as you do not use it much. To manage this problem, I suggest you to print at-least one document every week. This will stop the cartridge from drying up.

Hello gailkeys,

What your son is doing, is not safe! Ask him to stop doing that immediately! Every month, at-least one incident involving microwave oven blast is reported in the United States. The oven can prove to be just like any time bomb if you try to warm up wrong materials.
I agree that your printer’s ink cartridge might dry up as you do not use it much. To manage this problem, I suggest you to print at-least one document every week. This will stop the cartridge from drying up.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back