New Install - Ricoh Pro C7110SX

Shawnd

Machine was installed yesterday, today is training and getting everything setup. Will let everyone know how it goes.

With issues others have been having with this machine does anyone have some ideas I should have the tech run while it is being installed?

Printer is running good so far, triple the output speed of our xerox 700's. Print is good and clean and registration has been spot on so far. Not had a major jam yet so we have not had to go into the printer to fish out the paper yet. We run a lot of 10pt C2S so maybe that will keep us clear from the jams others have been having on the heavier stocks.

Had some downtime, had a board go down that had to be replaced, have 2 local techs trained on the 7110 so service has been quick so far. We are back up and running, had our first jam and broke the fuser, not to crazy with some of the flimsy plastic guides that are in it, thankfully we had another here to replace it with and we are back up and running. As for the jam process it wasn't any worse than the 700 in terms of finding the paper and getting it out.

13x19 10pt C2S duplex printing we are getting a sheet out every 2 seconds, couldn't even get that speed printing single sided on the 700.

The machine is a speed demon, that is for sure. We are getting about 1360 sheets per hour through this machine printing double sided on 13x19. Had a paper jam this morning that took about 10 minutes to clear out, part of that is us just getting used to how to use the gear system to clear a jam. We usually have 2 Xerox 700's printing single sided on this job and this one is faster than both of them.

We have another 7110 on the way, that should be installed in the next week or so, wanted to get this one up to speed first.

No Title

Not many people upload photos of their equipment on here but here is a shot of our first one on install day so you can see what options we got. The buffer pass unit will be installed next month as they are on backorder. That is one issue at the moment is running this machine for long periods of time the paper gets really hot and bricks up, the buffer pass is really needed for these things to cool that paper down, we are waiting to see if it will create more jams.

Attachments

• photo4993.jpg
    photo4993.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 283
I'd read about that "bricking" before on here and I really cannot believe they designed a machine that can cause such an issue. Just seems like such an inexcusable flaw. I suppose if the buffer pass solves it then that's ok but then I really cant see how they could sell a machine without it. Just seems mad.

Not many people upload photos of their equipment on here but here is a shot of our first one on install day so you can see what options we got. The buffer pass unit will be installed next month as they are on backorder. That is one issue at the moment is running this machine for long periods of time the paper gets really hot and bricks up, the buffer pass is really needed for these things to cool that paper down, we are waiting to see if it will create more jams.

Thanks for posting a picture more people need to post pictures of their stuff.

It looks like they are going back to people that have bought it in the past and installing the buffer pass to fix this bricking issue as they are currently on backorder for several months, we could have waited for the buffer pass to get back in stock before install but elected to try it without it, it works and it is printing we are just having to let the machine idle for a bit to cool down before running more, we are also running C2S which stores the heat much more than say a txt paper would.

Hey Shawn. Are you saying that they're installing buffer passes on machines that have already been installed, for FREE? We have a Pro C901 with the same bricking issues. Our only solution is to run smaller qty's or pull out a stack of 125 sheets from the run as it's printing in order to avoid having the sheets stick together. When I brought this up to our salesman he played dumb.

I doubt they are installing them free, but they are on backorder due to large demand from either retrofits or new installs (as per our rep), the demo machines we looked at didn't have them either but are getting them as soon as they get back in stock (or so I was told), I am only commenting on the 7110.

No Title

i got the buffer on mine for free, and it solved the brick problem. You really need it.
Still, the machine have plenty of other issues.
Good idea with pictures, here's one of my old setup.

Attachments

• photo5001.jpg
    photo5001.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 269
Looking at your photo Shawnd you appear to have the banner unit, is this so. I ask because if I remember correctly banner length stock will not go through the buffer unit, so you have to dis-connect it when you use long stock.
Might be worth asking your tech.
We were sold our c901 without a buffer as we had no idea what it was for. Then we had 1000 sheets of 250 silk brick asked the question WHY, and were told we need the buffer unit.
We have a Pro c5100 with banner facility although it can go up to 1.2m and we were told to forget the buffer unit. Instead we take out small lifts and dot them about until they have cooled down. Although we don't run much coated stock through it so it is not to much of an issue.
My Pro c9110 has one built in.

Last edited:
I will ask about that, we don't expect to use the banner unit much as we do a majority of our work with cut sheet sizes.

Since we got our 5100 about a year ago we have started to do landscape A4 FST's along with A4 6pp's and now we have the banner unit on the 9110 the quantity has increased. The cooling system on the 9110 is very different to the 901 and 5100, using upper and lower cooling belts that transfer the heat to a liquid cooling system which has a radiator on the back of the machine. When you run 400gsm the heat coming off it has to be felt to be believed.

Are you able to use the tray you modified for banners for normal paper as well ?
And how long banners can you make ? They set my machine up for 1.100 mm. even though its only supposed to do 700 mm.

You don't need to disconnect the buffer units for the banner printing and you can use the banner tray for normal stock too, only problem is loading the paper is like trying to birth a cow!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back