New Printer from XEROX

Does anyone have any details of a new printer coming from Xerox. I've heard that something is coming in the next few months and will fit between the 770 and the Color 800/1000 Press. Maybe an 8000 replacement?

New Xerox machin e

New Xerox machin e

Does anyone have any details of a new printer coming from Xerox. I've heard that something is coming in the next few months and will fit between the 770 and the Color 800/1000 Press. Maybe an 8000 replacement?

I heard the same rumour. I suppose Xerox is eager to come with new hardware in this segment.

Hopefully the maintenance charges are less than the 1000! Nothing like being 20% higher than the 8080 platform!!

Hopefully the maintenance charges are less than the 1000! Nothing like being 20% higher than the 8080 platform!!

If you are blessed enough to be at the end of your contract I would opt for a change of supplier.

In the Netherlands we have been very succesfull with the Ricoh PROC901+. It is an amazing productive machine with a better price/quality ratio.

However......I am a Ricoh account manager. My opinion doesn't count...:D

That's okay, Tool. As long as you're up front about who you work for, you can put in your opinion anytime.

I've heard the same rumors. I can't say anything but it sounds like they will announce it Q3 for GraphExpo and end of the year sales cycle.

I just heard they are to announce it in April and take orders in May. Does anyone have any details about it yet?

We are in sales talk for a new J75, and the sales guys know little to nothing about this new machine, other then the fact that there will be a new one. Service guys know nothing as well, guess they get no heads up training before its released.

What a tease that was. Didn't show anything! Couldn't they at least give us some darkened or out of focus glimpses? lol

I know, had to check the date again as could have been a preview to any of their past machines.

Well they say the same thing about every new model. Better colour, better registration. This could be a video for a 260, 560, or any model really.

I put our Heidelberg up on eBay. I can't imagine needing it when this comes out. ;)

From the teaser video, this looks like a J75 but with a double wide engine and no glass or document scanner. Also looks like a four color device. The finishing and feeding modules look very similar to the ones used on J75 and Color 800/1000 Press.
More information I have heard is that there will be a simultaneous world wide launch of this new press.
My suggestion to anyone (me included) is to hold off making any purchases until full specs and pricing are out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back