Number Up Calculating App

Ernie, thanks for implementing my feature requests, I really like this dot release!

Looking forward to the default numeric input instead of alpha! Perhaps in 1.2?

Stephen Marsh

Ernie, thanks for implementing my feature requests, I really like this dot release!

Looking forward to the default numeric input instead of alpha! Perhaps in 1.2?

Stephen Marsh

I did not see if your app handles multiple ups of various items
rather than how many up of one item.
We are always trying to fit many small, differing sized items on one sheet.

MSD

Hi MSD,

I am going to be releasing an app called Gang Run Pro in a few months that will accomplish what you are looking for. I will post it on printplanet when ready. Thanks for your interest!

Hi Stephen,

Great, i'm glad you like it. Yes, i plan to add that feature in the next version. Just wanted to push this update out as quickly as possible to resolve a major bug i found.

Don't forget to click on an ad or two to help support the development of this project. Thanks again for all your help!

Hey everyone please don't forget to leave a review and click on a ad or two to support development. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Is there a Mac OSX version, or did I miss something? I am on 10.5.8.

Thanks,

Al

Hi Al, in this case "app" refers to iOS and Android "apps" - not OSX applications.

That being said, there are ways to run Android apps on OSX if you don't have a supported mobile/cellphone.

Stephen Marsh

I may end up releasing OSX version of all my apps on the app store eventually (i'll post here when i do), but as of right now it's not available. Sorry!

If you download the iOS SDK, there is a simulator that would run this app for OSX. Little bit of an inconvenience, but i thought i would mention it in case you were interested.

QuickFitViews: a number up Mac calculating application

QuickFitViews: a number up Mac calculating application

Thanks Steve,

I already knew that apps is usually for mobile devices. But seeing as the topic of how many up on a press sheet is inherently a prepress question, it seems to me that it belongs on the mayor Prepress platforms.

Here is one I wrote a long time ago in Microsoft Quick Basic, then latter in Real Basic and runs only on the mac despite the default extension of .app. I have stopped developing it and have pretty much forgotten how to program, so I will be unable to respond to feature requests. Maybe if my arm is twisted hard enough...

No manual. You tab from one input field to the next, and press enter at the last one. Just explore all of the buttons, to find it's features. Command/Print will print to an attached device.

Al

Attachments

• Quick Fit Views.4.2(X) 2.app.zip
    898.7 KB · Views: 190
Hi Al, I think of an application or .app as a Mac equivalent of a Windows OS executable. Now that iOS is here and it too uses APPS, and it also appears that this has become a generic term for Android applications...I don't know what to think anymore!

You are correct, how many on the sheet has traditionally been a prepress thing and Mac's have been traditional in prepress. That being said, how many up is also an estimate/quote question - so it is also an MIS/ERP question too. MIS/ERP is often a MS Windows OS thing.

As iOS and Android mobile devices are now so popular, it is nice to see traditional desktop tools appearing on these devices.

Thank you for sharing your OSX app from 2010!

Stephen Marsh

Thanks Steve,

I already knew that apps is usually for mobile devices. But seeing as the topic of how many up on a press sheet is inherently a prepress question, it seems to me that it belongs on the mayor Prepress platforms.

Here is one I wrote a long time ago in Microsoft Quick Basic, then latter in Real Basic and runs only on the mac despite the default extension of .app. I have stopped developing it and have pretty much forgotten how to program, so I will be unable to respond to feature requests. Maybe if my arm is twisted hard enough...

No manual. You tab from one input field to the next, and press enter at the last one. Just explore all of the buttons, to find it's features. Command/Print will print to an attached device.

Al

QuickFit began in the 80s on the Radio shack PC-2 which had a one line LCD and a dot matrix ribbon printer that drew the press sheet diagrams in lines of dots. Then there was a Sharp version, the PC-1500 with a ball point pen ribbon line printer, then came the Quick Basic version on a Dell PC, and finally Real Basic versions on the Mac.

Al

List of sheet sizes for QuickFit

List of sheet sizes for QuickFit

I just remembered that in order for the buttons across the top of a QuickFit window to produce results, there needs to be this text file lis of sizes in the same folder as the application. you can edit the text file in any text editor and add or remove sizes.

Al

Attachments

• SheetData.zip
    595 bytes · Views: 187
No, sorry it's not up on the website yet. Hopefully have one next month. In the meantime checkout the ios or android app (they're free).

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back