Digital print estimating app

Thanks for the reply.

My clicks are charged per A4 "image" (i.e. 1 single sided A4 print). I would like to define the click cost as X amount per "size" in the settings and have the program calculate the costs based on the size of the sheets defined in the paper stocks and the number of sheets and sides required to complete the job.

Thanks

Bleed & Sheet Margin are definable in the general settings menu. If you have your sheets set to metric, you should also set your bleed & margin to metric. The program is set up for inches by default.

The click cost is applied per sheet, regardless of size. Would you prefer to have the ability to define click cost in the paper stocks settings?

Yes, the number of pages does include cover.

As of right now, no you can't specify one side to be B&W and one side Color. I plan to incorporate this in 2.1 by removing the color spec buttons and allowing the user to specify how many color sigs and how many B&W sigs are used.

At the bottom of the Up Charge settings menu there is a note explaining the pricing formula. Basically this app figures the material cost based on your settings, then multiplies it by your desired "Up Charge". I think i will change this menu to read "Pricing Formula" in 2.1 . There has been a lot of confusion over this terminology. My apologies.

Please let me know if i can do anything else to help. Thanks!

Gotcha, I will incorporate the ability to estimate when billed per a4 or per letter size in the next update. Thanks for your input!

I have managed to put all my info into my iPod and iPad 2 and have tweaked your numbers to almost how I want the app to calculate prices. However when doing test calculations, the app often freezes on a screen or wont save changes made. I have been trying for about 10 minutes to save a new "up charge" and it just wont save. It seems to only happen when inputting data, not when calculating/quoting a job, but more so when inputting paper stocks and variables. This happens on both devices. I have updated both devices to the latest App version.
This is a good app, just frustrating at the moment. But when its all figured out, its going to make my life so much easier.

Hi Jack,

What generation ipod are you using? Have you tried reinstalling the app? Have you tried rebooting the device?

Do you have free space on both devices? The app saves a small file with your settings data on the device, if there is little to no free space that could cause an issue.

Also, I did have a customer running a iphone 4s and iOS6 that complained of similar issues. After she restored her phone and reinstalled the app, she stopped having issues. You may want to try that. You will lose your saved data though, but if you continue to have freezing issues it may be worth a try. (i plan to release a DQQ Server add-on that stores quotes and settings in the cloud in the next few months.)

Sorry for your frustrations. I've tested it on a 1st gen ipad, iphone 3gs, iphone 4 & iphone 4s and havent seen these issues. It does run slower on older devices (1st gen ipad & 3GS), but not to the extent that you've described. Please let me know what you find and if there's anything i can do to help. Thanks!

Last edited:
Version 3.0 is now live on Google play and it will be live on the app store in a week or so. Here's a rundown of the updates...

App now prompts you to choose your unit of measurement on first start!
(If you are updating, you will not be prompted, the app will use your existing data)

Inline and offline booklet making option to add charges per book specifically to the type of process you are using. (Adjust the charges in the settings menu)

Clicks billed at half size now supported.
(See the General Settings menu)

New Paper Catalog Interface with infinite paper stocks!

Thanks for letting me know, I will submit an update to apple today. Please allow a week for it to post to the App Store.

Hey Guys, thanks for all the great support & feedback! Dropping the app price to $4.99 to celebrate the new year!

Update on development:

I will have some new videos soon with voice-overs, showcasing the app soon.

Version 3.1 will be released in the next month or so. New features to include...
Option to add in Cutting Charges
Q2Connect - New service that will allow you to save your quotes to the cloud and access them from multiple apps.
Settings Backup - Backup your settings to the cloud and share with multiple users (across multiple operating systems).
Windows & Mac Versions will be available through the Maranatha Technologies Web Store.

Hope you all have a great new year!

Are you saying the trim size is 12 x 9? or 18 x 6? If so, you will need to set the margins and bleed to 0 to allow for a 2 up that doesnt have bleed or exterior trims.

Works fine on my end. Stock is 12 x 18 and trim is 8.5 x 11. Job details show it as 2 up. Is it showing as 1 up on your end? If so, what are your sheet margin and bleed settings in the general settings menu?

Please let me know and i will try to help you through your issue. Thanks!

I've been trying out your app. I'm looking forward to the version 3.1 features and the desktop version. A couple things I'd like to see:

1: a bleed/no bleed checkbox when we set the trim size and paper size. If no bleed it would treat it as no bleed and no margins on a sheet. For things like no bleed 8.5 x 11 2 up on 11 x 17.

2: Let us list multiple sheet sizes for a single type of paper instead of listing them as separate papers. Then when pricing have the software auto choose the best size sheet for the job.

Wow, great suggestions! I will definitely include the check box idea in the next update. The paper stocks will take some thought on how to implement, but i will try my best to include it as well. Thanks for your input!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back