OCE' VarioPrint 6250: Page Programmer

Bradena

:confused:
Hi. I am fairly new to the print industry, and am in need of some assistance with setting up a static document to print on an Oce' printer. I have a single page pdf that I need to print multiple copies of, while also inserting slip sheets every 50 copies (the total quantity will be 2,100). I am told, by my manager as well as my co-worker, that I will need to create a pdf that contains 50 identical copies of the same document so that the printer can then be set to run with slip sheets every 50 copies. This seems illogical to me. I have tried to set up the document using the page programmer, but I am struggling to make it work this way. Is there a way to set the printer to print 50 copies of a single page document, insert a slip sheet, then continue to print in this way until the job is complete? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited:
We use Quite Imposing's "Page Tools" feature to duplicate pages in the blink of an eye. We use the same printer as one of our B&W presses, and we've always used the method I just gave you. Not really sure why you COULDN'T do it through the RIP, I guess we've never tried since it's super easy my way.

-C

If you have InDesign you can quickly create a 50 page document and set your desired PDF as a master page. Viola - instant duplication of PDF :) We typically use this method when creating notepads etc.

That's what we do here with our 6250 - it only takes 30 seconds to set up.

I don't have much of a problem with duplicating the file 50 times. I just don't understand the reason why. It seems that if you can tell a printer to print 50 copies of a single file, then you should be able to tell it to print 50, then slip sheet, print 50 more, then slip sheet, etc. Without the need to create a pdf with 50 pages of the same thing. I guess I just thought I was missing some programming trick for the printer, but I'm told that the 6250 isn't intelligent enough to comprehend my logic.
:rolleyes:

There really isn't any reason why most digital printers rips couldn't handle this but not all do simply because the manufacturer decided not to include the feature. Xerox has had the feature for ages on many of their b&w machines, and my own employer Ricoh offers it on both color and monochrome production devices. Any device with the current System 10 Fiery has the pad programming feature which will do what you're looking for. That doesn't help you now so the other solutions mentioned might be your only option. If you ask to speak to Canon solutions engineer maybe they'll know more than the tech or sales people and be able to offer you a workaround?

It will not work. You have to do it like others have described. The rips features are very limited for a machine of this level.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back