pageDNA preblocks question

txcynna

I'm having a problem with page DNA. Most of these templates were set up long before I got here and the people who did set them up are LONG gone. As I go in to make small changes I am just getting more and more confused.

We have a business card with dropdown address selections. They only print with one address on them so I don't know why there are 2 drop downs. There is another card for the same company that only has the one drop down and it works perfectly. I guess I really don't understand why this one isn't set up the same way but I'm trying to work with it.

The first drop down pulls it's info from the address list... like it should.

The second address dropdown seems to be getting all of it's information from the 'preblocks' tab in the style editor. If it is not selected then NOTHING works on the card.

I have the addresses working correctly now BUT the phone numbers are jacked up. If no 4th (usually mobile) number is entered it STILL prints "mobile" with no number.

Naturally they are closed for Martin Luther King Jr Day... and there is no one there who can talk to me about this so I come to you guys. Does anyone know anything about pageDNA and how I would get rid of the word 'mobile' if no number is entered?

I'm not convinced that it wouldn't be easier to just start the whole thing over. LOL

txcynna-

The people at PageDNA(formerly Printra) are usually very responsive if you have questions like this. They also have some pretty good tutorial material available at their site.

It sounds like you are in a pinch though, and probably need faster response time.
It seems like whoever set up these cards initially didn't quite finish them, or didn't test the templates out properly.

If you go into the template, you should be able to remove the second address option in the drop-down, and you should also be able to remove the scripting from the style sheet(Style Editor Gold, if I remember correctly).

The "Mobile" label that keeps showing up is probably a fixed label that can be removed from the template as well, or you can have it show up optionally, only if a value is entered in the open text field.
Good luck! In the meantime, I would contact PageDNA to see what training resources they have available- it is well worth it.

Thanks Printease!

Sorry I missed seeing this thread yesterday... if you haven't done so yet, just email us at support (@) PageDNA (dot) com and we'll answer your questions. As noted above, you can also sign up for live group training. We have an Advanced Style Building class and you can bring your issues to the meeting for live Q&A.

-steve
PageDNA

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back