Photoshop CS2 crashes

I cannot seem to keep Photoshop CS2 running on my Intel Mac G5 10.5.2. Every time I launch it, it crashes within 2 minutes. Trashed the prefs. file and it didn't help. Re-installed it and it didn't help.
Funny thing is I had the same problem with this same version and with CS1 on my G4. Anyone have any ideas other than upgrade? Anyone know how to make sense of the error reports? Adobe won't help without $ so I figured I would try here first.

Do you have enough RAM and Harddisk space? Are you working off a network? Is OS and PS uppdated with latest bugg fixes?

I have tons of extra RAM and HD. The upgrading brings up a whole other issue. I upgraded to 10.5.5 a while ago and it had major issues with my Acrobat 7 PDFs. Apple resolved the issue with me by telling me to downgrade back to 10.5.2. I'm afraid to upgrade OS until I upgrade Acrobat. When I do that, I will probably bite the bullet and upgrade everything.

In the meantime, I've had this issue (although not as bad) with every version of OS from 10.2 to current even on other machines. Do you think this upgrade will solve it?

Anyway, I'm thinking it may be a font in my system that is causing the whole thing. Sound logical?

Fonts have been known to crash graphics apps. And yes it could be a case of a "new patch on an old garment", usually applications and operating systems do best if they are in step. Saying that I am stubbornly on 10.4.11, I know I can't have InD CS3 and CS4 at the same time but an intel mac with 10.5.x can.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back