PPF from Apogee

roel78

I don't know much about PPF and prepress-interface, but I was wondering if PPF files are basicly the same if they come from different RIP's? So, is the hierarchy of PPF files from different RIP's the same?

Is there some website where I can find more information?

Thanks in advise, Roel

We send out inkdrive files to a ryobi press, using ryobi's software for ink keys.
There are alot of parameters to set on how you want the ppf to be, single per colour, per side, per sheet etc. Also there was an issue of mapping drives because the one software needed to search within a folder named "spool", but once configured it just runs. What is your need of understanding the PPF? Are you a user or a developer?

Thanks your your reply Lukas,
I'm a user. We are starting up with prepress interface on our new press, but there's a lot of configuration that needs to be done. The prepress interface works. It can read the ppf files but it isn't suited right of the ppf files.

For example, we want the ppf files to be contain information of all the colors, both sides, per sheet. Now the files contain all the colors, one side, per sheet. This kind of configuration is needed.

I was hoping to find a nice resource on the internet whit detailed information, but I haven't found any.

The apogee system is fairly ok in explaining, i managed to test the check boxes, just do one at a time. It is not a big thing to test since no material needs to be used (in the printer TP check that you want to create InkDrive on render) The built in help from Apogee Prepress is really quite good.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back