preps color bars

smchargue

Does preps have a pms color bar, for a two color job. I tried using the k=5spot bar but my printer says that he can't get a correct reading on his densitomiter on that particular color bar. I tried naming one pms color as magenta and the other pms color as black, but I ran into some problems that way.

thanks, Stephen

Re: preps color bars

well I may have answered my own question

For Preps

JDF Bars.zip
This file contains a number of color bars for use with Preps and a Rampage workflow. The color bars should be placed into the Preps>Marks>Dupe Marks folder. The color bars are setup in both .eps and .pdf format so that they can be used for a conventional or PDF/JDF workflow. The internal colors in the marks are also setup in such a way that you don't have to manually remap spot colors. The naming is simple... a mark named CMYK12... is a CMYK + 2 spot color mark. The tint or solid designation is for solid 1/4 inch blocks or blocks with tints of 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 for each color. These colorbars use Rampages rsi_coloralias_## callouts to save you the trouble of remapping.

A little research helps also_www.montesi-consulting.com/downloads

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back