Preserving PDF Comments in Prinergy

Jon Wood

I've got a PDF in which the customer has used Acrobat's commenting features to add text and lines that need to show up on the final output. This is my first encounter with comments in Acrobat and I'm having some difficulty. With just about everything I've tried so far, the comments disappear. There's an option to "Include Comments" when saving as an EPS but they still don't show up. The only way I've found so far is to save as a JPEG. I would prefer not to rasterize everything if I don't have to but I haven't found a solution yet and I'm quickly running out of time. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

(Sorry, I should have posted this in the Adobe forum)

Last edited:
I've got a PDF in which the customer has used Acrobat's commenting features to add text and lines that need to show up on the final output. This is my first encounter with comments in Acrobat and I'm having some difficulty. With just about everything I've tried so far, the comments disappear.

You can also use the "Flatten all Annotations into page content" command in Acrobat 9's Preflight...

Leonard

Thanks for the replies.

This was an issue that one of our other departments was wrestling with and I was asked to help. I found out later that another operator "fixed" the problem. The information I got was a little sketchy so I'm not exactly sure what the solution was. I'll be looking into that later today.

Once again, I appreciate your help.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back